Eastern Washington Off Road Forum Slab Run Report

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
Beep Beep

Eastern Washington Off Road Forum Slab Run Report

Postby Beep Beep » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 am

Eastern Washington Off Road forum - Slab Run
Hosted by the All Wheelers Off Road Club
December 8th, 2007

We meet up at the Slab around 11 am. We are calling this an Eastern Washington Off Road forum run since most of the All Wheelers members could not make it. It was great to see so many guys for the forum come out.

Here is the group picture of the rig we started off with. A few more joined us during the day.

We headed on out and did not make it to far before Bobsracing broke his T-case in his K5 Blazer. He parked it and rode in another K5.

We first hit Flex Canyon.

Ceg in the Tweety Jeep

Scumby trying to climb the Flex Canyon wall.

I am not sure who these guys are or what you call the rig. It was very well built.

BenW and his well built YJ.

Fraidenburg

Scumpy

A little help to save the top.

BenW making Flex Canyon look easy.

Lil sami came close to flopping over backwards. His hitch saved him.

Next we headed over to Power Pole Canyon

Two rigs didn’t make it that far. Blackdog’s Ranger broke a front hub and this Blazer (I can remember his name) got stuck.

Fraidenburg winched Blackdog up the hill.
Blackdog took his rig out to the parking area and then rode with BenW.

Scumby winch the Blazer out.

Next we hit some of the climbs in the middle of the ORV area.

Mwoods

FJ4CJ

On to Roll Over Hill.

BenW wanted to climb the hard part of Roll Over Hill. I pointed where it was. BenW climbed the hill on a hard line but not the one I meant. I told him that was the wrong line. You should have seen the look on Blackdogs face. BenW then said show were it is because he wanted drive up it. The look on Blackdog’s face then was of someone getting the extra pucker factor. I drove over and show BenW where the line was. He climbed it and made it look easy until the top. His rig was searching for traction and did top the hill after a little hoping. I am not sure how Blackdog was doing. :laughing6:

No one else wanted to climb Roll Over Hill. We drove over to the next canyon and did those hill climbs. It got pretty cold quick so we headed on home.

This was a fun little run thanks to all that came out. I hope to see more of you come out for the All Wheelers Off Road Club President's Day Slab Run on February 16th, 2008.

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:11 pm

the rig you dont know about is now a truggy looks like it was a blazer or shortbed truck by the steering box (looks like 2wd with ford arm), frame and wheelbase with 52's or 56's up front and shackle flip in the back

at first i thought it was a scorpion buggy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Best a bunch of come and try that one of these days. I'll do some rabble rousing for your next trip there...
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Other Areas”