New Years Day Run 2008 With Danny and Roy

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

New Years Day Run 2008 With Danny and Roy

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:45 pm

So here's my report on our New Years Day run with Benw and the Yakima guys. I hope you all like my first run report. Roy, have Dave add your pictures.

Roy and I hauled out of her about 7:15 in the AM... :zzz and rolled into Ya Kima about 8:30. We spent the time kicking tires and of course I had to put on my front drive line. Ben showed up at 9 on the dot and led the way to the statging area where 24 rigs eventually showed up...a mix of Jeeps and Yotas.

This next one is for Toby....you missed a nice flatty with a 289.

We left staging about 10:30 and headed up the trail. Pretty soon some of the late commers are wondering when the front runners were going to stop and aid down.....get there on time man. :fouet

We finally get to a point point where we hit this flat spot and wait for the stragglers, only to find out that 2/3 of the group had already given up and turned around. That left about 9 of us. ::bye

Danny, and Roy airing down again!

It took 4 rigs to finally bust through this snow drift.

Just had to throw this one in Dontcha-no. Check out that logo. The only logo on all the rigs up there. Gotta love it!

The line up for yet another drift. While the Yota's blasted this one the rest of us waited, all except this orange YJ. He found some barbed wire, had to be cut out.....

.....and finally had to be winched out.

Another stop to blast through a drift while Roy was blazing a trail 50 yards to the left of us. We eventually all followed him...what else would you expect.

As a result....check out who's in the lead. The Yota's tore up a bunch of country trying to get around him but couldn't. Even Roy gave up shortly after this picture was taken.

Finally, here we are, Roy and Danny after clearing an almost vertical rock outcrop...just over Danny's jeep. We headed home after this.

Of course a part of any great run is the scenery and it was great up here too.

Our cabin collapsed under the weight of the snow so we couldn't have a bone fire like ceg.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Way to go Peak Putters :super Show them valley guys how you do it :barbare
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

benw

Postby benw » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 pm

nice pictures :thu2:

There are quite a few posted at http://cegranch.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4313 too.

benw

Postby benw » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Heres a few clips from my camera of Jay breaking trail after everyone else had turned around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4X9XgKzOY4

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Ben,

I couldn't see the photo's at cegranch...needed to register so in the process of doing that.

How far did you guys get after Roy and I left you guys? I think Roy was tired of hammering show. It was piled up over his winch. It was time for him to change places.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:01 am

Here is my dad's pics, wish I could of been there.

benw

Postby benw » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:00 am

Danny wrote:Ben,

I couldn't see the photo's at cegranch...needed to register so in the process of doing that.

How far did you guys get after Roy and I left you guys? I think Roy was tired of hammering show. It was piled up over his winch. It was time for him to change places.

We made it about 1/4 mile further.

Return to “Other Areas”