Cowiche area snow wheelin' (Jan 5th, 2008)

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
Beep Beep

Cowiche area snow wheelin' (Jan 5th, 2008)

Postby Beep Beep » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:39 pm

On Saturday January 5th, 2008 "FJ CRUZER" and I headed up Cowiche Ridge to play in the snow.

The snow had iced over since the weekend before and was good to get up on until I hit this big snow drift.

I finely made it through and headed to the next snow drift.

"FJ CRUZER" called me on the CB and said he was stuck. I turned around to go help him. I thought he may have slid of the trail at the last snow drift, but I found him stuck on flat ground. LayemStr8 came up in "Little Woody the grocery getter" as were working on getting "FJ CRUZER" unstuck.

We headed back down the ridge.

We stopped and played at the rock pit. LayemStr8's Little Woody did great for having little tires.

I missed getting the picture of "FJ CRUZER" climbing the hill.

"FJ CRUZER" some how got stuck again and LayemStr8 used Little Woody to get the FJC moving again.

Recovery lol Video

We headed down to Cowiche Mill Road and ran it up.

After a water crossing there was a hill climb so I kept going until it flatten out. I took some pics of the deep snow as I waited for the others.

Again I get a call on the CB saying the FJC was stuck. I turned around and headed down. The FJC was off the trail onto another one.

I try to pull the FJC out but the driver felt he was going off the trail.

LayemStr8 got stuck turning around

I tried to back up the hill to winch the FJC forward but for some reason my XJ would die every time I tried to back up. I couldn't get it to move more than a foot or two before it would load up and die. Now we had two rigs stuck and one that was in the middle that couldn't back up.

I used my winch to pull LayemStr8's rig back on the trail. I drove forward off to the side so LayemStr8 could pass. LayemStr8 went up to turn around.

LayemStr8 pulled the FJC back onto the trail with Little Woody.

LayemStr8 lead us out incase my XJ decided not to run forward.

We stopped at the DNR parking lot to say our good byes.

As I was heading toward Yakima on Summitview when "FJ CRUZER" called me on the CB and told me my XJ was smoking. I looked in the rear view and hardly could see LayemStr8 flashing his head lights at me. I pulled over and found tranny fluid dripping and burning in the exhaust. I could not see what was going on since it was getting dark. I just drove on since I was close to home.

This was a fun run.

Return to “Other Areas”