LAKE OWYHEE STATE PARK

Pics and reports of other misc areas.
tenikiwon

LAKE OWYHEE STATE PARK

Postby tenikiwon » Sun May 18, 2008 9:58 pm

While this isn't an official run report I figured this was the place to post this.

My wife and I went to Boise to pick up my car trailer and decided to camp on the way back. We saw signs for LAKE OWYHEE STATE PARK and decided to give it a try.

After setting the location in the GPS we followed the prompts and despite beign dark began seeig the beautiful sites. Along the road leading to the State Park we noticed several people camping off the road. Not seeing signs or camping markers we didn't think we could camp there and were worried that a truck and trailer not setup for four-wheelilng might have trouble getting off the road and back to it, we pressed on. Eventually we got to the designated camp area to find that they were 100% full. After driving up the road past the dam was scary enough we were ready for an alternate path. The GPS and my Gazateer for Oregon said that Fishermans Road was just the alternate we were looking for. Heck I bought a 4x4 rig for a reason and the trailer shouldn't be a big deal.

Well, if you are familiar with Fishermans Road you know that it isn't a place for a F250 and a 20' trailer.

Anyway, we finally found a place to camp around 2:30 AM PST after getting the truck and the trailer stuck on one of the gates and then took from 8:00am to 10:30am to finally get to pavement again.

Hopefully the trails you guys go on with your RV's and tow rigs are not like that trail, 'cause if so my (excuse the language) balls aren't big enough yet.

Anyway, my new trailer now has a bent/dented fender but we made it home w/o too much trouble.
Gone wheel'n......I wish :(
Andrew J. Nowicki
The FORD III - 2002 F250 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel - Tow Vehicle
Zuks(2 '87s & 88.5) Suzuki Samurai
My Home on the Web

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon May 19, 2008 6:43 am

Sounds like quite an adventure :shock: Too bad about the fender, too :!: As I always say, what would life be without a challenge once in a while :mrgreen:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Other Areas”