Naches District - Flagging Missing

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Naches District - Flagging Missing

Postby Grumpy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 pm

I have just received word from Land Coordinator, Doug Conner, that flagging placed on trails on the Naches Ranger District and on behalf of the Travel Management Plan (TMP) - is being removed; and in one case, within an hour of placement in one area - three four wheel drive users were caught.

Doug says, "the flagging has been placed on trails that WE AS USERS HAVE REQUESTED - to be included in the TMP. Without the flagging, the Forest Service employees that are studying the feasibility of adding these trails for the final TMP will not be able to find and evaluate them for inclusion in the Plan."

It is very important to keep these trails flagged - or they may be overlooked and not inventoried, therefore less trail miles for the motorized community.

Please - if you see ANY recreation users removing these flags - educate them on there importance and the reasoning why; we can not afford to lose any mileage - anywhere.

Arlene Brooks, WA. State Director (pnw4wda -c)
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”