Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

DNR Recreation Legislation

Postby Grumpy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Greetings everyone!

Mark Mauren is on a well-deserved vacation this week. The following news release was sent out today.

Happy Holidays!

Toni Droscher

Recreation Program Communications Manager

360-902-1523

toni.droscher@dnr.wa.gov

December 22, 2009

Goldmark works to improve recreation opportunities on DNR-managed lands

DNR advances recommendations from Sustainable Recreation Work Group

OLYMPIA—Commissioner of Public Lands Peter Goldmark today announced agency-requested legislation aimed at improving funding for recreation on trust lands managed by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The bill requests authorization for DNR to charge recreation access fees in certain situations, explores a multi-agency access pass, creates a concessionaire pilot program, and revises DNR’s recreational immunity.

The bill is a direct result of consensus recommendations made by the Sustainable Recreation Work Group in a report submitted to the Washington State Legislature. Bill sponsors are Sen. Ken Jacobsen (D-Seattle) and Rep. Brian Blake (D-Aberdeen), both of whom represented the legislature on the Work Group, as did Rep. Judy Warnick (R-Moses Lake). Rep. Warnick is also one of the bill’s co-sponsors.

“I want to thank the members of the Sustainable Recreation Work Group for their diligent efforts. These recommendations will improve recreation opportunities in our state,â€
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”