Colockum Rd. - Proposed Seasonal Closure

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Colockum Rd. - Proposed Seasonal Closure

Postby Grumpy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:38 am

The Kittitas County Commissioners will meet at 2:00 pm on December 7th at the Commissioner's Auditorium, 205 West 5th, Suite 108, Ellensburg to consider a Memorandum of Agreement between State Parks and Recreation and Kittitas Co. to designate part of Colockum Road a groomed snowmobile trail from December 15 through March 31 of each year.
You are urged to attend the meeting where testimony will be taken. Written comments may be received at 205 West 5th Ave. # Suite 108 at or prior to the meeting.

For additional information you can contact: Kelly Bacon in Public Works (509) 962-7673 ( Public Notice - Kittitas Co, Ellensburg, WA. - Published in Daily Record 11-23 --- 11-30) ###

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

One Comment -

The proposal has been met with some opposition since Kittitas Co has limited legal wheeling areas to began with - and the Colockum area is one of the last open areas to winter wheel.

Arlene Brooks, WA State Director ###
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:41 am

NO NO NO!!!!

WE need at least a few roads we can wheel on in the winter!!!!

Phantom 309

Postby Phantom 309 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:25 am

Kfinney originally posted this on our site and I didnt' see a reason to retype it. This is something that DNR is trying to slide by without much oppostion. It's obviously driven by the dollars that the snowmobilers generate. I'm fine with that to an extent but we are running out of places to winter wheel here in Eastern Washington. The more people we can get to call, write, or especially attend would be huge!

So here's the deal. In Kittitas County, like so many others, we are extremely limited in legal wheeling areas. There is a meeting on the 7th of December regarding the closure of one of the last open areas in the valley. One by one they have all been snoparked and this road, which is a county maintained road (Colockum Pass), is on the chopping block. We need anyone and everyone who is an advocate for resposible offroad use to attend this meeting. I called the DNR a few weeks ago and they were very hush about it but tonight it came out in the paper so I'm just trying to get it out there so that we can have a good showing.

Public Notice Kittitas County, Ellensburg WA The Board of Kittitas County Commissioners will meet at 2:00 pm on December 7, 2010 at the Commissioner's Auditorium, 205 W. 5th, Suite 108, Ellensburg, Wa to consider a Memorandum of Agreement between Washington State Parks and Recreation and Kittitas County to designate part of Colockum Road a groomed snowmobile trail from December 15 through March 31 of each year. More information is online at http://www.co.kittitas.wa.us/notices/. /s/Julie A. Kjorsvik Clerk of the Board Publish: Daily Record: 11/23/2010; 11/30/2010

Not trying to pull people away from here but there is more discussion going on about it here and more info http://insanityfab.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3557

Thanks guys!

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Dave,
Can you send them something??

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:23 pm

Jim, they NEED to hear from ALL of us!
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:09 am

Went down in flames :D Seems one commisioner was ticked it even came up...
Dave

Quote:

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”