UFWDA and USFS sign Memorandum of Understanding

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

UFWDA and USFS sign Memorandum of Understanding

Postby Grumpy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 am

A positive step forward has been achieved in on-going efforts to build relationships with public land
managers by UFWDA and was negotiated by Carla Boucher, the UFWDA legal advocate, who stated:
“The recently signed Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) between the US Forest Service (USFS)
and UFWDA indicates strongly the desire of both the Forest Service and UFWDA to express our
common support for four wheel drive motor vehicle use recreationally on lands managed by the US
Forest Service.
The intention between UFWDA and USFS is to foster and maintain the best cooperative partnership we
can. It is important to the progress that UFWDA clubs and associations make on the care and use of
roads and trails managed by the USFS, as it outlines both the commitment of four wheel drive motor
vehicle enthusiasts to care for the land and a commitment on the part of the agency to continue to view
4x4 recreational use as a legitimate form of recreation.
The MOU is an outward sign of the relationship both parties currently enjoy at both a national level and a
local level and signals the strength of the relationship between UFWDA and the USFS for 4x4 motor
vehicle access.â€
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 am

Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:17 am

That's cool.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”