last chance to comment on little rattlesnake road 1501

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

last chance to comment on little rattlesnake road 1501

Postby TJDave » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 am

This is the road that leads to the Little Rattlesnake trail in the Naches district. We want the road fixed. There is another way around, but adds 13 miles of road to get there. For anyone that has never run it, this is a very fun, tight, technical trail. It used to be so much easier to access the trail, and the good lookout spots on top, before the flood damage.

REMINDER

The last day to comment on Forest System Road (FSR) 1501 Flood Repair Project is Monday June 24th. Please see the attached file for specific directions on how to comment.

FSR 1501, better known as Little Rattlesnake Road, has two current proposals: 1) Decommission the first five miles of the road to the Forest Service boundary, or 2) Shift and repair the road at the two damaged sites at mile post 0.5 and 2.0.

For the Environmental Assessment, visit the FSR 1501 Project Website, or contact me at 509-653-1420. As the attachment details, comments can be accepted over the phone, in person (until 4:30 pm), in the mail, or through email.

Thank you,
Michelle King

http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/11558/ab ... 421881.pdf
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:26 am

Durn, ya beat me to it :wink: Gonna get my comment out in a bit. Lee, you up to whupping up a note for the club as a group?
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Done and done, and I mean done.

Irene Davidson
District Ranger
Naches Ranger District
10237 U.S. Highway 12
Naches, WA 98937

Irene Davidson:
I am writing on behalf of my four-wheel drive club the TriCities Peak Putters. We are a club associated with PNW4WDA. I am writing to comment on the 1501 Flood Repair Project. It is our hope that the decision to repair the current road will be made. We think ease of access to the Little Rattlesnake Trail is important. The trail is fairly unique in the northwest that it is tight and restricted to small vehicles; the kind of vehicles that pioneered the trails we enjoy. Larger vehicles, and in some cases, irresponsible people have made bypasses and enlarged trails that used to have the challenge of being tight twisty trails. The Little Rattlesnake has a historical heritage and has just been reopened, I believe in large part, due to volunteer work. Please do not let this jewel be lost because damaging floods have made access to the trailhead difficult.

Thank you for your consideration,

Clifton 'Lee' Retterer
President
TriCities Peak Putters
1211 W 30TH AVE
KENNEWICK, WA 99337
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Mine was a mite shorter:

Attn: District Ranger Irene Davidson

May I take this opportunity to go on record as favoring Alt.2, repair of the above referenced Forest Service road. This is the easiest route to Little Rattlesnake, and as such, should remain open.

There are many resources available to see to this, including a large body of volunteers just waiting for the chance to show their stuff!

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,

Dave Walters
Member - Tri Cities Peak Putters
Kennewick, WA
509-528-9492
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”