Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Recreational Trails Program Action Alert

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55 am

Gotta get on this one!!

BRC National RTP Action Alert: Immediate Action Requested

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

BRC just learned that Sen. Rand Paul (KY) is planning to offer an amendment - Senate Amendment 1742 -- to the Transportation Appropriations bill (Senate Bill 1243) to transfer all funding from the Transportation Alternatives Program to pay for bridge repairs instead. The Transportation Alternatives Program includes all the funding for the Recreational Trails Program, in addition to funding for what used to be known as Transportation Enhancements, as well as Safe Routes to School.

The Recreational Trails Program (RTP) is a time tested and proven successful funding program for outdoor recreation, paid for from a small portion of the taxes you pay at the pump for gas that is not used on roads. The trails the RTP helps to fund, in turn, are the basis for literally billions of recreation dollars and associated taxes spent on goods and services in adjacent communities. Our communities depend on recreation and maintaining the integrity of the RTP all across the US is essential.

Action on the amendment could happen in the very near future, so we are asking all of our Alert Subscribers to contact their Senators toady and ask them to vote NO on Senate Amendment 1742 to Senate Bill 1243.

Information on contacting Senators can be found at http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_i ... rs_cfm.cfm

Thanks in advance and, as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact BRC.

Brian Hawthorne
Public Lands Policy Director
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 102
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 am

I've already done a letter. Post up after you do your letter...
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”