Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Venting on some stuff...

Postby Grumpy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:39 am

Barb,

Got a call from Doc's phone Town Hall last night! Was cool to be asked to join the conversation, but, as seems to always be the case, I had to run to other duties...

My main question was going to be, again, on the "sue and settle" situation with various land "management" agencies. With this bladderpod silliness popping up here, I'm hoping a few more folks around the area start getting a clue as to just what is going on! What I would like to see is all of this get kicked to the curb so we can get some reality and logic back in the conversation and do it right. The "green" bunch's use of ESA as a weapon of intimidation has to come to a stop!

Another issue I am really getting annoyed with is the abuse of the Equal Justice act! Talk about getting twisted beyond recognition! My money going to a bunch of self entitled (insert descriptive phrase of choice) who sue the feds to get their way needs to be put to an end. The USFS doesn't have enough money properly do their job, but have money to pay CBD's legal fees?!

I am also going to call foul on .org groups like the Sierra Club and the Nature Conservancy getting grants from taxpayer money, then using it to buy land that has been historically open to many uses, then closing off access to those who have used that ground! A glaring example is Independence Lake in northern California. I would very much like some comment on this.

As always, you have an open invitation to join us for a meeting or any of our activities, and that does include Doc! We would enjoy having you along.

Best,

Dave Walters
Tri Cities Peak Putters 4x4 Club
Land use Coordinator
Kennewick, WA
509-528-9492
Last edited by Grumpy on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Well, I may be getting in over my head, but Resource Committee staff just contacted me, and wants to have a powwow...
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:17 pm

As I said above, Natural Resources Committee staff has contact me, and want to get together to discuss concerns and ideas. I suggested the staffer, Tim Kovis, maybe sit in our club meeting Wednesday, but not sure yet if that will work. That's my preference, but we may be meeting at Hastings' office in Pasco Thursday morning. I'm hoping Lee will be able to join me, if we can get a body to look after the Jeeper Chicks. May whup that on Susan.

Now, since the article about Juniper in the paper, looks like the topic list has grown. The thing isn't dead, but it sure needs a kick in the butt to keep it going.

What I would really appreciate is if any of you have concerns, would you post them here so I can print them to take to the meeting if we have it in Pasco. If we can get Tim to our meeting, you can address things there.

I think we may have an opportunity here to do something that a lot of our fellow wheelers haven't been able to get! We are being asked for input from the U.S. House Committee on Natural Resources staff, and that, as far as I can see, just doesn't happen every day!
Dave

Quote:

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:54 am

:?:
Dave

Quote:

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:42 am

I finally saw this. . .sheesh. . .cryptic thread title

Very simply put, I would lay out our agenda as:

We believe that we should be able to access our public lands and use them responsibly.

Use Juniper and possibly the FS Travel Management plan as specific examples.

Ask what the major goals of the committee are around this issue (Miss M makes a GREAT point here)

Then. . .ask how we can affect positive change WHILE assisting the committee in achieving its goals.

Then SHUT UP and let the young man speak until he passes out from lack of oxygen.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 pm

:bobo My head hurts. Working on gathering myself and at least making some semi literate comments...
Dave

Quote:

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 am

New discussion thread in Members area...
Dave

Quote:

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”