HB2150 - Recreational Immunity

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

HB2150 - Recreational Immunity

Postby Grumpy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:29 am

HB 2150, Recreational Immunity is moving to Exec!
A very important bill has just been moved up to Exec for the House of Reps! They will be voting on moving this out on the 21st, and it'd be great if everyone shows their support.

This is one of the best chances of starting a framework to being able to wheel on private lands.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...2150&year=2014

"Encouraging recreational access to private property."

One of the key issues in Washington state is how much landowners are liable when it comes to others recreating on their property. While this law isn't perfect, its the first step in getting more access to private lands.

Please help us by commenting in support of the Bill. The easiest way is via this form: https://app.leg.wa.gov/pbc/bill/2150

You can write something like this (please don't copy paste, as they those are all counted as one comment):

Dear Legislators,

As a [4x4 user/motorcyclist/hiker/biker], I'm writing in support for HB2150, which will help pave the way to more legal recreation access in my county of [county here].

I enjoy sports that are well known as dangerous, and I do not believe that landowners should be held liable for the actions of myself and other users. The current law makes it impossible for landowners to have legal trails I like to recreate on.

I also support an access pass, no greater than the amount of a discover pass, so that I can get access to private lands. I think its fair to be able to pay a small amount in order to get the trails I want to use. Landowners should be immune from liability when we're paying for simple access.

Sincerely,
Joe User
Last edited by Grumpy on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:49 pm

I wonder if this will be a good thing for the checkerboard DNR/private land. . .

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:53 pm

well it went through...

they gutted the bill to basically only include the $25 provision for private land owners to have an access pass. But hey, maybe it'd give some landowners a carrot. mur.
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:56 am

Grumpy wrote:well it went through...

they gutted the bill to basically only include the $25 provision for private land owners to have an access pass. But hey, maybe it'd give some landowners a carrot. mur.

I'm glad it went through, my only caveat is which Friggin' pass do I need now?
Forestry, Private, Discovery, how about combining these things into an "All Access" Pass? For cryin' out loud! :x
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”