Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Blue Mountain Forest Comments-My feeling only

Postby Grumpy » Sat May 24, 2014 1:47 pm

To the Planning Team:

As a user of our public lands, I take exception to this document as aimed at land closure. I will comment as follows:

1. Not enough attention has been given to my choice of recreation, OHV. There are no specific plans for this activity, and I take exception. I will not accept a plan for use of public lands that does not treat all forms of recreation as equals. A mechanism needs to be included for the planning and growth of OHV as a legitimate forest use.

2. Your target road density is bogus, and "restoration" should not be considered. Any activity that will adversely affect access to forest land will be open to public comment, and subject to NEPA or any other applicable rules.

3. It does not appear the plan takes into account new laws in Washington State pertaining to OHV use on certain public roads. I feel this to be an egregious omission on the part of the planning team. Local authority should be the determining factor in all planning attempts. It is incumbent on you as responsible representatives of my forests to fit any planning into existing local rules, and compliment those rules.

4. I also do not feel the advisory groups represented a broad enough cross section of forest users, and that the input was biased too far to one side. For this reason, I believe this plan should be put on hold, and adjustments made to more adequately represent the true majority users of the forests.

In closing, I must say it is quite clear you haven't done your job. Your closure agenda is, in fact, showing, and I feel this document is nothing more that veiled travel management, biased to the "green" side of the scale.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”