Fees on top of closures?!

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Fees on top of closures?!

Postby Grumpy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 am

If you're from Utah or Washington State you need to contact your representatives ASAP and tell them to knock it off. If you're from any western state that has large public land quantities you need to contact Mr. Bishop and Mr. Hastings offices, along with your own and tell them this must not pass (Thank you American Lands Access Association for sharing) -
To all ALAA members:
The Good Sam organization has 'alerted' their membership to HR 5204 - Authorizing the Forest Service and BLM to charge fees for all public land use.
imap://alaanews%40amlands%2Eorg@imap.am ... e_Sign.jpg
Welcome to the future. Pay ahead.

The status of the Bill can be read here https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr5204
The Text of the Bill is here http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113h ... 5204ih.pdf
Congress is on vacation until the week after Labor Day. When they return, the 2015 appropriations bills will be among the top items of business. If Bishop and Hastings succeed in getting HR 5204 attached to one of them, it’s almost guaranteed to pass.
What can stop it?
Only one thing can:
PUBLIC OUTRAGE – PUBLIC ACTION.
If you care about our public lands being turned into commodities available only to those who can afford to pay fees for everything, then you must let YOUR Representative and YOUR Senators hear from you. Tell them that this major change in public policy cannot be allowed, particularly without any public hearing or debate.
HR 5204 lacks any over-arching vision or framework of our public lands being spaces where we all are welcome and have access. Yet it’s being supported by groups like the National Parks Conservation Association, The Wilderness Society, and America Outdoors, because it throws a bone here and there to their special interests. But for the general public, there is nothing redeeming in this bill, nor any way it could be amended into something acceptable. It represents a complete change in public lands policy, which would be accomplished without public hearings or debate.
Tell your congressional delegation to OPPOSE HR 5204 and TO NOT ALLOW IT TO BE ATTACHED TO AN APPROPRIATIONS BILL!
All the contact information you need can be found at
www.house.gov
and
www.senate.gov.
* Use their webform.
* Call their office in Washington.
* Call their local office.
* Write, phone, fax, drop in in person.
Do all of the above. And then do it again!
Your personal action is urgently needed or this bill WILL PASS!
IF THAT HAPPENS, KISS YOUR ACCESS TO PUBLIC LANDS GOODBYE.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am

Govtrack on gives this a 7% chance of passing alone. But, if it gets balled up with a budget bill. done deal in all likelihood...
Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:13 am

In case anyone feels the need to have their head hurt...

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc113/h5204_ih.xml
Dave

Quote:

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 am

May I copy and post your initial message on other media types? I have access to some Facebook pages that I could distribute this over...

Thanks
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”