Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Announcement from Mikki Douglass

Postby Grumpy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Mikki Douglass‎Cle Elum Trails Off-Road Team
Hi Everyone - hard not to get excited about the REAL possibility of an early opening, so I wanted to address a few things going around the chatter-forums. (1) We had no winter....well, maybe two days of it. Yesterday some areas over here saw 60 degrees! So, yes, the possibility of opening trails early is real....however, they are CLOSED at least through March as we get things logged out. Please keep in mind that March historically brings huge snow storms - so things could change. BUT THE #1 POINT - TRAILS WILL REMAIN CLOSED THROUGH MARCH and perhaps beyond (depending on weather and logout progress. (2) We will need volunteer help. When we get ready to go out on the trails, I'll post our volunteer needs. As always, you will have to be on our volunteer list and have a 2015 volunteer sticker on your bike or 4x4 to be out on a closed trail. (3) Please please please.....honor the closure. Our full crew will not be on board until May 1st, so we need your cooperation. There are folks out there that use the 1%ers to justify imposing a HARD CLOSURE DATE, so please don't get on the trails until they open. A Hard Closure would mean you couldn't come ride or wheel until June 15th.....that would pretty much bite most years - especially years like this. Please don't give "them" a reason to impose a hard date.....We try really hard to get loops open ASAP (Volunteers and crews). Thank you everyone.....I am pretty bummed about the lack of snow.....but on we go! Oh, keep in mind....unless it rains all summer....the lack of water means dry, dry dry! - and you know what that has meant the last several years in Cle Elum....ack....fires.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”