It's all about the money...

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

It's all about the money...

Postby Grumpy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:27 pm

The complete hypocrisy of the environmental industry is amazing. While rummaging around the interwebz the other day, I stumbled on an interesting bit of info.

For years the economes have been telling how horrible the federal land and wildlife agencies are at taking care of public lands and protecting endangered species (Some logic in that). Well, lately there's a movement brewing to transfer public lands in the west to the states, most notably in Utah. This seems to have confused the ecowhonks. These fine folks are now telling us that the feds need to keep control because they can do it better. Huh? Oh, you mean you were wrong all these many years? Something stinks here...

Okay, now for the interesting bit. These same ecotwerps aren't telling us the whole story. How many of you are familiar with how these econits finance their agenda? It's called "sue and settle, wherein they sue the hell out of the target agency, who can't afford to fight, and settle (More on this if you want to give me a call some time). Well, we have an item called the Equal Access to Justice Act. It's supposed to protect folks like us from financial ruin when the feds came after us, or we go after them. It's complicated, okay? Anyway, when they sue and win, you and I pay their bill.

Here's where state control comes in. If the feds turn the land they control over to the states, EAJA goes away! And so does the ecodweebs money train. They can't sue the states and get reimbursed. Does that maybe explain the sudden about face for you? Sure does for me. It's all about the money.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”