Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

USFS lack of response

Postby Grumpy » Sat May 09, 2015 11:10 am

From Forest Access For All:

It take a great deal of persistence and follow up to keep your motorized access and this is but one example of that persistence.
Thank you Judy Kerr for keeping after it, and to everyone else, if you can follow people like Judy Kerr, Billie Jo George, and John Creightons lead and let Washington DC know how closure of our mountains will impact our communities it will go a long was in proving our case to a judge if we have to go that route.
From Judy Kerr to the Secretary Tom Vilsack, under Secretary Robert Bonnie, Chief Tom Tidwell, and regional forester Jim Pena -
"On February 25, 2015, I sent several documents to Mr. Tidwell requesting a redetermination of Steve Beverlin, Malheur National Forest Supervisor, headquartered in John Day, Oregon, allowing only 2 hours to view environmental documents on 1990 - 2004 decisions regarding the northern part of the forest encompassed in Grant County. I received no acknowledgement or response on my request.
On April 5, 2015, I sent the same request and attachments to Mr. Tom Vilsack, Mr. Jim Pena, and Mr. Robert Bonnie with the same results.
It appears that individual citizens do not rate on your scale of importance. As a former Forest Service employee I successfully planned, designed, contracted, inspected, or assisted in over 100 projects on the Malheur National Forest in the 14 years I was employed in the Engineering Department. I assure you that it would take more than 2 miserly hours to view this information that Mr. Beverlin informed me was available.
I will pass the information on your lack of response on to the citizen groups that are becoming more prevalent around our county, state, and the country as a whole, as well as state elected officials who are taking a more serious look at forest management."
Judy Kerr
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”