Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

USFS newspaper notices

Postby Grumpy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:02 pm

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... h-includes

My response:

Ms. Anderson,

May I take this opportunity to make note of the glaring absence from this list of the Tri Cities Herald? There is a large group here in the Tri Cities that use both the Oka-Wenn and Umatilla forests that, without notice in our local paper, may not find out about activities that may affect us in a timely manner. I would like to request that this be reviewed, and that our paper be added. Many of us are plugged into what happens on these forests due to our positions with our various clubs or associations, but many are not. Word of mouth only goes so far, and can only reach so many people.

I'm not privy to how much of your system works, but I feel it important that this be considered so that more people are aware of forest activities, and are able to get involved earlier to have a better chance to comment on those projects affecting them. This would also give you and staff a better cross section of users to draw ideas from on how we would like to see our forests managed and used.

Regards,

Dave Walters
Peak Putters 4x4 Club
Land Use Coordinator
Kennewick, WA
509-734-8694

Member:
PNW4WDA
WOHVA
BlueRibbon
UFWDA
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”