November Land Use Report

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

November Land Use Report

Postby Grumpy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:23 pm

1- Don Amador from BlueRibbon Coalition will be in Aberdeen to meet with various involved parties concerning road closures on the Olympic NF. Those expected to attend are Dan Boeholt and Mitzi Schindele from Public Access Matters, Mike Kiavo from the Grays Harbor Stumpbusters, State Rep Brian Blake, a County Commissioner or two, and, if they're lucky, Dean Millet from the USFS. This is the 3rd stab at this meeting, with Millet a no show for the others. He's also gone on record with the statement,when asked about some of the access closures, "I don't care about recreation". Stay tuned for a future report.

2- Still watching the various shenanigans of our friends in the eco community. Lawsuits in Utah and Montana over USFS attempts to clean up after fires are stirring up the natives there. Seems like these kids are trying to get as much pot stirring done as they can before some of the new management at the federal level catches on, or HR2936 passes.

3- HR2936, the Resilient Federal Forests Act is due for a House vote on 11/1/17. This is important, and we need to support it.
"The Resilient Federal Forests Act works by addressing the bureaucracy and litigation issues that drive federal forest management
today. ... The Resilient Federal Forests Act also allows federal land managers to quickly remove dead trees after wildfires,
creating new revenue to replant and rehabilitate burned forests."

4- Northwest Forest Plan revisions are out. I'm just getting started on it, and will also get with Earl and some others on it.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r6/landm ... prd3831710

5- Please refer to R4 Minutes for more updates.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”