WDFW - DNR Green Dot Road Management Public Meeting

Postby SPR » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:55 am

NEWS RELEASE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
March 7, 2018
Joe Smith, DNR, 509-925-8510

Southcentral “green dot” road management
public meeting scheduled March 22 in Selah

YAKIMA -- The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will host a public meeting on Thursday, March 22, in Selah about changes to “green dot” road management in southcentral Washington.

Both agencies will provide information and take public comments on updates and proposed changes at the meeting, which will run from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Senior Room of the Selah Civic Center, 216 S. 1st St., in Selah.

The green dot road management system marks roads in Yakima and Kittitas counties that are open to public motorized vehicle use. Marked with a round green reflector on a white route marker, these roads provide access to camping, hunting, off-road vehicle riding and other recreational activities.

Proposed changes include the addition of green dot roads on the Quilomene and Whiskey Dick units of the L.T. Murray Wildlife Area, said Ross Huffman, WDFW southcentral region lands operations manager. Developing a green dot road system in the “green gate” area of the Quilomene Unit is an objective of the interagency Naneum-to-Columbia River Recreation Plan.

Updates include the loss of public access across private land adjacent to the Ahtanum State Forest, said Joe Smith, DNR southeast region forest operations manager.

Huffman and Smith note that road use across private property adjacent to the L.T. Murray Wildlife Area and Naneum Ridge State Forest could also be affected.

Road management on the Colockum, Wenas, and Oak Creek road management areas will also be discussed at the meeting.

Additional information about the green dot road system is available at https://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/wildlife_areas/green_dot/

Persons with disabilities who need to receive this information in an alternative format or who need reasonable accommodations to participate in WDFW-sponsored public meetings or other activities may contact Dolores Noyes by phone (360-902-2349), TTY (360-902-2207), or email (dolores.noyes@dfw.wa.gov). For more information, see https://wdfw.wa.gov/accessibility/reaso ... quest.html.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Re: WDFW - DNR Green Dot Road Management Public Meeting

Postby Grumpy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm covering the REC meeting that day. Who can take this? Notified Earl just in case he hadn't seen it.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”