Cage rattling

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Cage rattling

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Here's me working on being my usual PITA...

Jeff Small
Executive Director
Congressional Western Caucus

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Dave Walters, and I am an avid forest user and OHV advocate in Washington State. I am a supporter of multiple use, and have had the pleasure of having some small input with my Congressman, Dan Newhouse.

My concerns with the referenced topic are many, but one of the biggest is the inconsistency with which these planning efforts are being handled, and the seeming lack of concern from the FS as to the affects these plans will have on the social, economic, and recreational aspects of forest use. The planning work is all over the map, even within the same FS Region, and leads to major confusion on the part of a lot of users. We also face FS staff who seem to think they're protecting the "King's Forest", and that does rankle a bit.

My primary concern is OHV access, but I do understand how these plans will affect many areas long term, and in many cases, it's not good. I would like to ask what, if any, plans the members of the Caucus have as far as getting involved with planning and how it will affect the future of the Forest System. There's not enough space in one email to list the concerns I, along with my contacts here in the West, have with the the FS and it's management of our lands. I would like to suggest that staff contact some of us, and get input on our concerns. My informal and organized groups that I am part of covers the entire country, and would be a valuable resource.

Additionally, there are serious issues for us with the environmental community and their radical, overly litigious behavior, but those concerns would take days to discuss. This email is to, hopefully, get something started with you group to address how forest planning is being done, and,as said, the effects on communities around those forests.

In closing, I look forward to a response with your thoughts on the subject, and any plans for looking into it.

Regards,

Dave Walters
Kennewick, WA
509-734-8694

Tri Cities Peak Putters 4x4 Club
Land Use Coordinator

Washington Off Highway Vehicle Alliance
Board Member & Land Action Chair

Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Association
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Cage rattling

Postby scumby » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

i'm glad you write better than I.
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”