Blue Mountains Forest Plan Revision

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Blue Mountains Forest Plan Revision

Postby Grumpy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:35 pm

Here's my attempt at expressing concerns with this document. The thing was almost 6,000 pages, and copies were not made available to the general public. USFS offices and local libraries were the only locations one could view hard copies. Otherwise, the website was the option. I was lucky and had access to folks that tore the thing apart, and let me use their objection points for my comments. Much gratitude to Forest Access For All for that, and allowing me some small input as well. Today is closing for comments, and as of 11:30 PM there are only 36 comment letters on the website. Not sure how that may affect things, but pretty much all of them are extremely negative. Anyway, here's the blast I sent earlier today:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wv6 ... u--oY/edit
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Blue Mountains Forest Plan Revision

Postby SPR » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:42 am

Linky no worky for me.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:18 pm

Dave

Quote:

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:40 am

Comments should be available at this link on or before Sept. 7, 2018. There are some showing now.

https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/P ... ist-page=1
Dave

Quote:

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 am

Thanks Dave
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:46 pm

RE: Your Objection on the Revised Land Management Plans (Forest Plans) for the Malheur, Umatilla, and Wallowa-Whitman (Blue Mountains) National Forests

Dear Objector:

Thank you for submitting an objection regarding the Revised Blue Mountains Forest Plans. By this letter I have accepted your objection. As an eligible objector, you will have an opportunity to participate in upcoming objection-resolution meetings. You will also receive my final written response to all objections after we hold the resolution meetings and I complete my review.

The Pacific Northwest Region of the USDA Forest Service published its Draft Record of Decision, Revised Forest Plans, and Final Environmental Impact Statement on June 29, 2018, and initiated the objection-filing period on June 30, 2018. The 60-day objection-filing period ended on August 28, 2018. As the Objection Reviewing Officer for this process, I am overseeing the review and resolution of objections.

I realize the Forest Plan revision process is very complex and this revision has extended over many years. This may have resulted in some confusion about the various drafts of the Revised Forest Plans, the different stages of the process, and who is eligible to file an objection. When the agency initiated the objection-filing period on June 30, 2018, the notices and communications explained that individuals or entities would be eligible to object if they previously submitted substantive comments during the opportunities for formal public comment: (1) during the formal scoping period (March 29 - May 25, 2010) and/or (2) during the formal comment period on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (March 14 - August 15, 2014). Through the objection process, I received many questions from the public about what would constitute “an issue that arose after the opportunities for formal comment” (36 CFR 219.53(a)). To better address these questions during the resolution process, I have decided to accept all objections that we received during the objection-filing period, with the exception of a small number that were either late or did not meet the majority of objection filing requirements.

The next step in the Forest Plan revision process is to hold resolution meetings that will include discussions about objections and opportunities to seek resolution of your issues. I look forward to meeting with you at these resolution meetings and hearing your perspectives. I will send you formal invitations to the resolution meetings, including agendas and locations, but for now I ask that you save the dates for the week of November 27- December 1, 2018. As an objector and based on your objection issues found in the forthcoming agenda(s), you will have the option to choose which meeting you would like to attend to actively participate and you may attend the other meetings to observe. While all resolution meetings will be open for public observation, these meetings are not for general public comment. Only eligible objectors and interested persons will be invited to participate.

I am also informing you that, as allowed by 36 CFR 219.56(4)(g), I am extending the objection review timeframe beyond 90 days to provide time for discussions with objectors and to ensure an adequate response to each objection.

I appreciate the time and energy you have taken to engage in discussions about the management of the Malheur, Umatilla, and Wallowa-Whitman National Forests and their Revised Blue Mountains Forest Plans. I look forward to meeting you and discussing your objection issues.

Sincerely,

/s/ Christopher B. French
CHRISTOPHER B. FRENCH
Objection Reviewing Officer

Enter Enclosure here
Dave

Quote:

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:22 pm

:D

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”