Governor Vetos Trail Building Ban

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Governor Vetos Trail Building Ban

Postby Grumpy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUERIBBON COALITION ACTION ALERT!

Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,

Attention Recreationists!

Tod Petersen, Vice President of Northwest Motorcycle Association (NMA), just forwarded us some great news. The Washington State Governor has vetoed the anti-trail building language in budget bill ESHB2765 (see veto language below). A big thank you goes out to NMA for all their hard work on this issue.

We also want to thank Nicholas Haris, Western States Representative for the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), and the Washington Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance (WOHVA) for their work as well.

Thanks in advance for your involvement,
Brian Hawthorne
Public Lands Policy Director
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 102

Section 3040, pages 75-76, Department of Natural Resources, Recreation Capital Renovations
This proviso would - with a number of exceptions - prohibit the Department of Natural Resources from constructing or expanding facilities or trails for off-road recreation vehicles on state land until after June 30, 2009. I am vetoing this proviso because the Department of Natural Resources' planning process includes public input and considers all users and uses for recreation on state-managed lands. In keeping with Substitute House Bill 2472 that I signed, the Department of Natural Resources will also convene a workgroup to improve recreation on state-managed lands and promote safe, sustainable recreation. I will appoint a representative from my office to participate in this collaborative effort and am confident the group will examine funding mechanisms, liability, and site-specific planning issues.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Wow!! She did something!...and something good for us off-road, outdoorsy types. Damn, I will have to take back some of the inappropriate comments I have said about her. :roll:

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”