Blue Lake Trail Closure

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

tobyw

Blue Lake Trail Closure

Postby tobyw » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:44 am

We were up in the Ahtanum area this weekend and ran into a group of Jeepers from Yakima that were apparently out doing some trail recon on behalf of DNR... After a lengthy BS session with them regarding the sad state of affairs and the immense amount of trail damage being caused by the side-by-side crowd (has anyone seen the hill climbs around Blue Lake and up to the snow cabin recently :shock: :cry: ), they made the statement that DNR will be closing the Blue Lake access trail before the end of September... Has anyone else heard this officially or formally in any way? I'd hate to think we are about to lose a nice section of trail that allows a fun loop of travel in that part of the trail system.
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Re: Blue Lake Trail Closure

Postby Grumpy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:24 am

Stay tuned. WOHVA and some of the guys from the SXS crew have been up there with Jeff, and we're trying to get a handle on things. Driving in the lake has been a major issue, and will be addressed. What group did you run into? I'd like to talk to them too and get their input for WOHVA.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:46 am

Ron Rutherford with the Nomads. Old old old family friends...

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:50 am

Being a sxs guy myself I have seen it first hand. They don't know how to crawl anything. Every hill is a full throttle axle breaking assault. A lot of them don't understand you don't have to hit everything at full throttle.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

dirk

Postby dirk » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Howdy Peak Putters. I just talked to Jeff Jones...he confirmed that they have zero plans to close Blue Lake this Fall. WOHVA has been discussing how to help him get a handle on the situation. Holler if you have questions.
Bryan Peterson
WOHVA President

Grumpy

Postby Grumpy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Thanks for chiming in Bryan!
Dave

Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregon80

-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.

-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:06 pm

dirk wrote:Howdy Peak Putters. I just talked to Jeff Jones...he confirmed that they have zero plans to close Blue Lake this Fall. WOHVA has been discussing how to help him get a handle on the situation. Holler if you have questions.

Bryan - As Dave said, thank you for chiming in and getting this information out!! Although I'm no longer an active member of the Peak Putters, there are few things I am more passionate about than my ability to recreate outdoors... If there is ever anything that you need a hand with, be it placing signage or clearing trees or (re)building trail, do not hesitate to contact me personally. Toby_Wilcox@yahoo dot com will get it done.

Tim - Yep, you nailed it. As you've all seen in many of my recent run reports, my family is also an avid RZR user group. I personally have found it to be a fantastic platform for the boy to hone his skills, and I'm very proud of the results. I hate to lump any user group together like that, and probably could have chosen my words more carefully above, but it's hard to argue that the profound lack of talent among that population is made up for with nothing more than Coors Light and throttle :|

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”