35,000 acres for new off road activity

Land issues, laws, restrictions, etc...

Moderator: Grumpy

Dolly
Peak Putters Treasurer
Peak Putters Treasurer

35,000 acres for new off road activity

Postby Dolly » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:18 am

This news is from Skip Frans (PNW4WDA - Region 4 Director).

I received a call from Shon Smith, Chelan County District 2 Commissioner. Chinook Forest Partners is transferring 35,000 acres to Chelan County for public use. Shon is a motorized off roader and wants to get ahead of the conservationist groups.

There will be a meeting at Blue Spirits Distillery warehouse, not the actual distillery. 5441 Sunset Hwy. Cashmere March, 22 at 6PM. This is a warehouse with NO seating. Bring your own chair or plan to stand. If you've heard of this before the original date has been changed to the 22nd.

The purpose of the meeting is to inform the boundaries of the land, the processes we need to go through to protect our motorized rights and how to get in front of this. He would like to see a minimum of 100 users from all aspects of motorized use ie: 4x4, SXS, dirt bike, sleds, etc.

Shon does not want it to turn into a confrontational event. Only motorized are being invited. Others may show up, but the focus is and will be towards motorized.

I've BCC'd folks so if you know anyone who should attend please let them know and invite them.
If you have any questions let me know
--
Skip Frans
Director Region 4 PNW4WDA
skipfrans@charter.net
KE7MPO VP ACARC

Return to “Land Matters & Legislative Issues”