Peak Putters - Rimrock "Man Camp" Run 2012

Pics and reports of past Rimrock runs
SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Rimrock "Man Camp" Run 2012

Postby SPR » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 am

Curtis called this run for those who had a desire to camp on the trail, eat dirt, beat up their rigs, and needed a little male bonding. We have awsome September weather and no itch-bugs or yellow jackets. The trails were a little dusty but the blue sky and rugged scenery made up for it.

We left the Ahtanum Snow Park early Saturday morning and ran up to Blue Lake. From there we went over the ridge on the Short and Dirty trail to connect up with the Spencer Creek trial. This trail is a bit tight with some difficult hill climbs.... not too much side hill until you get near the end. On Sunday, we ran down to Sleepy Park and over to the 609 trail. This trail took us the ridge to Louie Gap. This trail was not too tight, but had a few side hills and plenty of steep hill climbs. From Louie Gap we ran Divide Ride trail back to Blue Lake. This section is easy, wide and very very very dusty. From Blue Lake, we dropped down the Blue Slide trial and made camp and non-rocky flat spot. Monday morning we hopped back over to Blue Lake. From there, I took my beat up truck and tired body home. The rest of the group went back over the ridge to run the Butcher Knife Trail down and ? trail back up.

Carnage Report for the group… Let me know if I missed anything.

Hole in rear differential cover caused by loose diff-bolts that was fixed with JB-Weld, RVT, Gear Lube, and re-installing one of three loose bolts.

Front driveline u-joint strap that popped and let the bearing caps fall off.. fixed with another u-joint

Three holes in tires that were fixed with plugs

An ARB pump switch that was fixed with a jumper wire

Lots of dents on a yellow truck, a bent front fender on a bluish jeep, and a good dent just in front of the driver’s door on the big blue jeep.

Picture Time...
Roy in his Tomb Raider TJ passing through the big puddle on Spencer Creek trail.. 2012
Roy in his Jeepster not passing through the big puddle on Spencer Creek trail... 2009 :lol:

We found these guys on the 609 trail. Ed winched their rig back to its feet and then down the hill a little ways.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Nice run report as always Steve!
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

rjjff

Postby rjjff » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Another great run and run report. Thanks for the pictures Steve. I hope we can do it again next year.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Nice pics Steve. It was great times, another great camp out trip, the dust was crazy but I'm already looking forward to next year! I didn't get many action shots because we were usually moving at a pretty good pace and I had my camera sealed up in bags because it was so dusty.

Blue Lake on Saturday morning:

Ed got two holes in tires and I got one, all were fixed with plugs.

We noticed that Rich was leaking gear oil and had a hole busted in the cover... turns out three ring gear bolts came out. One of the bolts was fine, another was chewed up pretty good and we never could find the 3rd bolt.. but the gears looked ok. We used JB weld to seal up the hole in the diff cover.

Setting up the tents on night 1.. we found a good little meadow with a nice view of the cliffs.

Curtis feeding the camp robbers.

We came across some guys who rolled their rig the previous night. Apparently they didn't have good headlights and had lost the brakes trying to climb this hill and rolled down. Ed winched them upright and we got them pushed off the side of the trail.

Setting up camp on night 2 at the elk camp. I didn't get any trail pics on day 3.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks for posting your pictures David.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Just getting around to this run report and I AM JEALOUS!!! This looks almost as much fun as the Winch Fest that we had 2 years ago. I especially like the pic of everyone sitting around watching Rich work on his dif.
Forget your age and live your life!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Maybe this year.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 am

iaccocca wrote:Maybe this year.

If you decide to go, take a bunch of pictures of your rig to remember what it looked like before you decided to mate it with trees. I did not hurt a single tree on that run. The new paint, body filler, and thin Japanese steel padded all of my tree rubs.

Return to “Rimrock”