Peak Putters - Delayed Father's Day Run 6-27-09

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
tobyw

Peak Putters - Delayed Father's Day Run 6-27-09

Postby tobyw » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 am

The delayed Father’s Day in Naches turned out great. My family, Curtis and his son and nephews, Steve and his son, Roy, and Dave and a buddy of his all headed out of Long Meadow around 9:00am Saturday morning for what would be a loooooooong day on the trails… Unfortunately I didn’t have a chance to snap any action shots, but the trails were in good shape, not too dusty and not too muddy. Hopefully someone else got a few pics and can post them up too.

We tried to run Kaner Flats over to Lily Pond, but there was an unannounced work party going on to repair the damaged area at the bottom of the hill where the mud holes are, so we ended up running back down and over to Milk Creek Road and getting up to Lily Pond from there. We ate lunch at the Pond and then headed up to the Manastash Ridge Trail, where we were eventually stopped by snow drifts heading Eastbound. This forced us down on the Shoestring trial, where we met up with another group of rigs that were stopped by some downed trees. After helping get the trail cleared, we wound our way toward Tripod Flats, and eventually back up on the ridge top heading toward the Funny Rocks. It had already been a long day so we made a beeline back for camp, but came upon a Toyota rolled on it’s side and blocking the trail. After getting him back upright and on his way, we headed for camp and enjoyed another evening around the campfire.

Peak Putters Camp…

My crew, loaded up and ready to go…

Just clearing Elephant Dung hill, before turning around due to the work party on Kaner…

Lunch at Lily Pond…

Meandering along the Manastash Ridge Trail before we found all the snow…

The kids took a couple naps throughout the day…

The last picture I took, right at the top of the 687 trail leading back down to Milk Creek Road…

Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

White trash

Postby White trash » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 am

A Toyota on it's side?? I don't believe it without pictures... :lol:

Looks like a good time for all. I can't wait to get back up there soon. :D

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:57 pm

I didn't very many pics this time, but here's what I got.

Pics of said rolled Toyota we encountered on our way down. Not entirely sure how he managed to tip it over at this spot but I think its safe to say alcohol was a factor here. We anchored Curtis to a tree and then ran his winch line down through a snatch block to pull it back on it's side... once it was on its wheels again the driver then attempted to back up using way too much throttle... it was a bit scary there for a few seconds because Curtis winch line was still attached to him. Eventually he got it straighten out and we were on our way again.

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 am

Looks like a great trip buys...and with some recovery action.

Toby, you can tell the kids are less than impress with wheelin. Gavin needs more of a support system though.
Forget your age and live your life!

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 pm

Nice pics. Sounds like a fun trip.

I sure hope the Shindig Wheelers had enough help putting in the bridge on Kaner. We were not able to make it up there to help.

oddballs_nephew

Postby oddballs_nephew » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:37 pm

it was awesome thanks again toby._Anthony :D

Return to “Naches”