The Trash's weekend at the rocks (July 11th & 12th)

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
Peanut

The Trash's weekend at the rocks (July 11th & 12th)

Postby Peanut » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 pm

ok, now that I have a few minutes to post up our pics from last weekend......

Trashy and I were invited up to the Naches area by some friends for the weekend. Unfortunately those friends gave us rough directions on where they would be and forgot to tell us what the sign was that we were looking for....lol. So after looking for them for a while we headed over to where we normally camp up Milk Creek Rd. Which ended up being a blessing because NO ONE else was camped up there!! It was soooo quiet!!!

Anyway so we got there Friday night and set up camp and crashed. Bright and early Saturday morning we headed up to Funny rocks to see who was out and about. There were a lot of people up there due to a "Trail Jamboree" going on. We played on Funny Rocks for a while, then I let Trashy play some while I took pics.....

Our friendly ORV Officers were up there keeping an eye on things. Deputy Martin and Deputy Greenough. I can't remember the other guys name, I didn't get to talk to him much, I believe he is a ranger though.

I have worked with and talked to Deputy Greenough quite a bit for Trail Watch stuff.

Trashy spotting Jordan

Jordan's recently put together truck

He's a Trail Watch member....yay!

This guy didn't turn soon enough on this line.......whoopsie!! He was scared shitless....but I don't blame him.

Trashy to the rescue!

This guy has a nice Cruiser it's getting winched back onto it's wheels in the pic...

They say Hummers can go anywhere.....well....not when they are high centered!! And this guy was in that predicament a lot that day.

Centralgrand

This group of guys were from Enumclaw. They made it obvious from the moment the showed up at the rocks that they were going to be a bunch to keep an eye on. They didn't let us down... before the weekend was over they ended up with tickets for having people riding in the back of the truck, driving the truck on the road (it's not street legal), and crossing the river where they weren't supposed to. In other words several hundred dollars in fines.

This is only part of the group of people that came out to the rocks to watch. Pop up tents, bbq's, camp chairs.....it was crazy.

4wheelingplus's rig. It was good seeing Ron again

This guy tried this line - the crack - 3 times. And every time he tried he ended up like this...
He did a great job of yardsale-ing his cooler and then left the garbage lying there on the rocks. So Trashy drove over and went right up the line with no issues. Then circled back around and made a big show in front of all those people about picking up the guys garbage.... lol!

Erma winching the guy back down

One more from a distance

Well, after spending most of the day up at the rocks we headed back to camp to have a bite to eat and relax for a bit. We went on a search for some fire wood.....

You have to get a little creative when you don't have a bed.....lol

That night we found where All4wheelin and Funsize were camped with some friends so we went visiting and made plans to hit the rocks again the next morning.

Trashy spotting All4wheelin

Randy playing around

All4wheelin

another showing his Trail Watch support....yay!

Jeff

Jeff and All4wheelin

hee hee

Trashy in a flexy poser shot

another view

and another view

After we got done playing we packed up and headed for home. What is a requirement for us if we are near Yakima....
Stopping at Miner's for a burger of course!!

It was a great weekend, and a much needed one!!
Thanks for looking!

:D

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 pm

is that randy from out by the dump

truck has 350/350 dual toy cases?

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:40 am

Good shots, Peanut!
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

sams88

Postby sams88 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Great pics Peanut. Sorry we missed you guys up there. Jerry and I were too busy running the trails. Didn't get up to the rocks. Was sure a nice weekend though, really fabulous weather!! :-)
90 MJ, 5.5" RE Long arm
88 yota p/u

colemancooler

Postby colemancooler » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:39 pm

It does not get much better than wheeling and Miners :drool:
shindig wheelers #36

Return to “Naches”