Peak Putters - The Cheese has been Squeezed yet Again...

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - The Cheese has been Squeezed yet Again...

Postby iaccocca » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Been drying out a tent camper, so I've not got around to a run report, but I'll put up a pic or two, so others can post. It was a great group on the trail and a slightly different, but great group in camp. The trail was fun if not overly challenging, but the first little section rubbed us a little (literally) and checked somes' temperature. The fiesta of Mexican Seafood in camp Saturday night was truly epic and we could have fed many more (hint, hint.)

The picture does not do justice to the two and half tables of food goodness we had to enjoy.
Official run report to follow, but others feel free to post...
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Sorry that I didn't make it Lee. Many of our dance cards are full with kid's football games, muzzle loader deer and elk, opening quail season, and the peak of the fall salmon fishing season. There is just so much good stuff going on during the last part of September and pretty much the whole month of October for folks that enjoy manly pursuits. Plus, tent camping in the rain sucks.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 pm

I get that Steve... we'll have to do some chukar hunting this year.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:50 am

I took some cell phone pics to share. Mostly of parked rigs, because I was having too much fun! The "buffet" pics didn't turn out so well either. But, the steelhead tacos were amazing. I had a great time. Barb may have took some good pics. I hope they are better than mine.

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:54 am

Awesome. Plans are under way for the next version as we speak.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Attendance

Postby iaccocca » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:02 pm

I put Millie in charge of attendance... this isn't actually what I had in mind.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0I3gyC7rkiU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0I3gyC7rkiU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:26 pm

OldGreen wrote:Awesome. Plans are under way for the next version as we speak.

Plans are posted HERE. 8)
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:26 pm

Squeeze the Cheese… Back to School Run
Friday afternoon found my family and I pulling our new to us pop up trailer to Naches caravanned with my brother, his wife and son pulling the same.
At Whistling Jack Lodge we met up with TJDave’s friends Bob and Elizabeth in their ginormous motor home pulling a built YJ. TJ not there yet, probably still at the liquor store in Naches [take it with you Dave], we bid them to follow us to camp. At Long Meadow we set up and waited for the expected crowds. Soon TJDave and Barb found their way to camp. Midnight found Jose and Sveta with their little Jeeper Chick rolling into camp. Early, for the Ybarras, but Jose came armed with excuses, a flat tire on the trailer being one of them.

Early Saturday Jose went in search of DJ and Cleave and their cohorts and we were pleased to learn he found their campsite and that they were wheeling with us.
Morning found us getting ready for the trail a little late even for Peak Putter launches, but we were heading toward the trail head in the 10’ o’clock hour. When we stopped to air down, my brother and family continued on, not having radios to understand the pause. They ended up taking the most interesting part of the trail solo… with Bill’s clan walking much of it. It was a bit interesting for an easy trail and most of us failed to get through without some rubbing. It turned out to be enough fun for Bob and Elizabeth and they generously offered to return to camp and start on cooking the chicken enchiladas.
The rest of the trail offered some great hill climbs and a lot of traffic (oh my goodness there were so many rigs on that trail.) I almost fell off of a bridge, but thought better of it remembering the grief people give to Jose and the like that get stuck on bridges.

Lunch was at pretty much the ridge of the pass.

Going down the west side I assumed the lead from TJDave (how lost could I get us?) From there, down came the rain. We came to the Historic Naches Pass sign and passed the elusive cabin.
The next forest road invited us to head towards camp and marinade our food and ourselves.

The trail was not overly challenging, but quite fun and I look forward to doing it again. I suspect the open-open crowd / small tire crowd had more fun than some of us.

In camp we were joined by Jose’s sister and family. DJ brought his contribution to our feast (and it was a feast), but unfortuneatley we did not have the pleasure of DJ and his family , along with Cleave and his people.
I cannot give justice to our Mexican Seafood feast and risk leaving out too many dishes, so… it were good! Two and a half tables of creative flavorful goodness and all the ingredients for margaritas. Now, we never got the blender to work, but most of the tequila didn’t survive the night, but what happens around the camp fire stays around the campfire. Image

In the morning a certain, new to the club, white XJ, oddly enough dubbed OG, rolled into camp along with Toby’s Minivan 2.0, and Toby’s bud (Dave) wheeling the built YJ familiar to us on last years FYBR. They headed for Lily Pond and we headed for home (after Man Quiche.)
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 pm

white XJ needs stickers. . .

Nice report Leelo. . .

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:48 pm

OldGreen wrote:white XJ needs stickers. . .

Nice report Leelo. . .

Toby's mini-van needs stickers again. I hope that is in the future.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 am

If you look close you can still see the steam rolling off my tires! 8)

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Guys, I'm having a ball on my final outing of the year....kick'n back on the Or. coast eating lots of sea food and golfing - but I have to say I am truly home sick for a good run. Guess it will have to wait till next spring. Depending on how he hip turns out I may seek a seat with someone on the FYBR....pending spouse and Dr. approval

And NO Jose....I don't see any smoke!
Forget your age and live your life!

Return to “Naches”