Peak Putters - Frost Your Buns 2012

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Frost Your Buns 2012

Postby iaccocca » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 pm

But Dad and his girls will prerun, share our results, and dine at Whistlin' Jacks.

Prerun - done
Jack's - Done (and done.)

Here are our findings. There is snow on the road to the cabin. Not much, yet, and less by the time we left, because it started to rain. I had the combination to the gate so we drove up rather than hike. 1st obstacle of the day (probably only obstacle besides the check at Whistlin' Jacks.)

...of course Lee didn't bring his chain saw again. But what I did bring was a certain set of tools, one of which is a cat choker. [When your only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail.]

Road cleared and firewood to boot. We made it to the cabin where my Jeeper Chicks were eager to don their snow clothes to go sledding.

Picnic tables are back inside the cabin, I didn't think they were last year.

Did anybody know that there is an upstairs loft you enter via a trap door near the wood burning stove?

We'll have to send somebody up to do a Blair Witch Project.

Kiddos sledded and played in the snow. It is fun to watch little kids over stuffed in there snow suits waddling around.

You can't tell from the pictures, but Millie found some decent sledding runs. I'd have pulled them behind the Jeep, but to do that I need another adult there to blame when things go horribly wrong.

After that, lunch in the cabin while dad was milling around in the rain and the giant snow bombs falling from the trees while I put away the sled and snow pants.

From there off to Raven's Roost. There is snow all the way to the bottom of the road. We followed what were probably two set of tracks up, maybe one or two back down. Whoever I was following gave up around the 4000' mark (elevation.) If the snow keeps coming, I think a snow run up Raven's Roost will be great fun. I turned back there too, because I was going to start running out of light, it is school night for the kids, and to be honest, I didn't know how anybody was going to get the message to David to rescue me on this 'grocery store run'. :oops:

This pic is at just sub-4000'. Alot more snow than last time I did this prerun, so keep your fingers crossed.

Going down to Long Meadow we made tracks in virgin snow and in the camp ground. Just checking it out for you Danny.

Danny wrote:U guys just won't learn, will u!! FRBR needs to b held at Lomg Meadow!!!

Danny

Once our due diligence was done we were off to Whistlin Jack's for a late lunch / early dinner. And we had the run of the place, the pass just closed and it were empty.

Tim has a shot of my Jeep on the Whistlin' Jack Lodge webcam, if anybody needs proof this isn't all photoshopped. (I for the life of me can't get the pic off of my phone and onto my computer.)

FYBR in the cabin is going to be a ball!
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Sweet. I can hardly wait.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am

Excellent work!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Photoshop!

Ace_Cherokee

Postby Ace_Cherokee » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:04 pm

iaccocca wrote:Image

There is no way this picture is real

You would never have that kind of reception with AT&T!
Working on your rig is like a really great date: you start out expecting it to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you ever wanted.

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Oh yes it is real. I seen it on lurches phone.
I got your back lee 8)
HE TOOK THE BYPASS?? YEAH ITS A JEEP THING.

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 pm

I was at work and just happened to check out the web cam looking for snow when I saw Lee's heep in the parking lot.
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

Return to “Naches”