Peak Putters - PUAM 2013

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Peak Putters - PUAM 2013

Postby TJDave » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:51 pm

PNW4WDA Pick up a Mountain. Jim Sprick Park Sept 20-22, 2013

8) It was great. Everyone was all over the place, so please share your stories and pictures here.

Lee and I met up at the Prosser Rest area and headed to the camping area Thursday just after noon. Only one other camper there early. We scammed on the prime riverside area and spread our stuff out, along with Curtis and Family who showed up just a bit later.

Friday, Barb and I took her cousin from Indiana up to Raven's Roost to see the mountain. When we returned, a whole bunch more peeps was a campin.

We combined three propane fire pits to make a good size gathering/storytelling area, and no trees were abused or harmed in any way. Tim brought a folding couch. :D

Saturday we showed our cousin the Naches Pass Trail with some Desert Rats.

Cousin Lisa said she could not believe how nice everybody was. You all fooled her pretty good. :twisted:

It was tons of fun..even if I didn't win anything at the raffle. Thanks to all.

And some pretty boring pics...

Somebody left their bunny on the trail. Some went to look for it. Some others found it.

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Pick Up A Mountain Sep 20-22, 2013

Friday

Mandi, Marlies, Syler & I left about 2:00 pm on Friday to arrive at Jim Sprick Park just before 5:00 pm. We arrived to a number of Putters already encamped along the river as was decided. I'll try and remember all who were there, TJ Dave & family, Iacocca & family, Oddball & family, Lurch & Carrie, a little later SPR & family arrived, squaring out the Richardson troop and TJ Dave had a couple of friends show up and join us too.

Missing Putters, who of course were actually missed, Yrjan & family, and Roman & family, but we hope to get them back out soon!

We went about setting up our RV, and unloading the JK, then had a quick dinner. Then it was socializing time, we had 3 fire rings going, lots of chatter and some ribbing each other and I tied a pretty good one on Colorado Kool-Aid, or Silver Bullets, finally hitting the rack about 1:30 am...

Saturday
Saturday started on schedule -- yeah right, apparently I wasn't alone in my quest to eliminate beverages in my cooler so we got a late start, but then again so did all the other campers! The Drivers' Meeting was pushed back from 8:00 am to 9:00 am with a group picture following. I believe there were about 80-100 rigs that showed up but you can count how many made the picture I took of them parked in a group...

Then we were off and rolling with no real assignments other than we got volunteered to get an abandoned Bronco II off the mountain. Another club was going after the old upside down Merc or Plymouth that has been up there for years.

Myself Curtis & Lee were going to take this challenge on, however my rig was having some clearance issues (banging metal on metal), turns out I had pushed my front axle too far forward and the truss was contacting my steering brace... Anyway long story short, I got the brace removed at Funny Rocks but the banging only lightened up, it didn't go away effectively hobbling my rig and doucing any chance of tearing up any trails...

So we took pics and vids of Lee and Curtis playing on Moon & Funny Rocks. Never found the Bronco II, and at about 2:30 pm decided we should point back at camp to get down by 4;00 ish. We crossed paths with Tim & Ed who went on to find and recover the Bronco II bringing it back to camp, much to our chagrin...

On our way down Curtis found a couple of nice downhill trails that dropped us out on Milk Creek rd, and I have to say for any that wondered why they closed it this season... it is still closed!

Shhhh don't tell anybody... The damage to the road was significant in many places the road was nearly washed away by the torrent of water rocks trees etc that seemed to be down all over the place. Honestly, Mandi & I had a complete conversation about the road, the only way it will ever open (even as a fire road) is with the utliization of some serious heavy equipment and culverts and retaining walls. Still we made it through but even for us it didnt look like it would make through the next rain storm...

Pot Luck was the order for dinner and it was truly a feast with pulled pork as the main entree. A short break to get warmer clothes, chairs and raffle tickets. Then it was raffle time, with Putters carry a fine lot of prizes home. I bought either the most tickets or pretty close and won nothing... Kinda like my day was going anyway...

Then back to camp for more adult time by the fire to listen to Tim, Lee, Curtis & Steve brag about their winnings. I didn't come home empty handed however. I somehow scored a Trail Jammin' coffee cup...
I finally had to call it a night when my eyeballs started slamming shut, Lee and I were the last two hombres standing. However, I found out this morning as he was buttoning up another camper one of Dave's friend caught a second wind and kept Lee up even later.

Sunday
Bummed about my rig, I had loaded it the night before. So we woke up around 8:30 am to find everybody still there, with the exception of some of the wet siders who pulled out early.

I believe there was a plan to take a casual ride today, but everyone decided getting back early might be a better plan. I had breakfast and wrapped up my gear and rig. We said our good byes and headed for home, bumping into Irish and trailed closely by Ed & Karen (Desert Rats) at the Prosser Rest Stop and RV Dump.

We made it home by 2:00 pm and set about getting things in order for another adventure next weekend. Great trip, great people, and good times, can't wait to do it again! Who wants to join us next weekend for the Grey Rock Trail?
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Group pics...

Some videos of Lee & Curtis having fun...

Curtis taking a tough line on Moon Rocks!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs13M6FpWYE[/youtube]

Lee Taking an easy line at Moon Rocks!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzkR7xUUV64[/youtube]

A nice downhill and cool bridge...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFgcPya54mE[/youtube]

A cool chute like shortcut Curtis led us down...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxn0M9dTCho[/youtube]

And finally, us headed home...

Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Lance pretty much laid out our weekend, I'll just echo in on great people and good times. This being my second camping outing with the club, I had a great time and enjoyed the good company.

We were disappointed in Lance's recent fixes, that limited our capabilities but still had a wonderful time, and while Lance was grabbing video I took some pics of Curtis & Lee that I'll share in two lots, full color and because Lance recently updated my phone it seems I have duplicates, so I made them black and white for fun...

We'll start with the color pics...

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:35 pm

And now the Black & Whites...

bobracing

Re: PUAM 2013

Postby bobracing » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:56 am

TJDave wrote:

Is that Gary's TJ with no top? Haven't seen it on the trail since the cage was finished. Don't see the jerry cans out back.
James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: PUAM 2013

Postby TJDave » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:31 am

bobracing wrote:Is that Gary's TJ with no top? Haven't seen it on the trail since the cage was finished. Don't see the jerry cans out back.

Yep, that's Gary's. He had it up at Trail Jam too. The cage is nice. Goes all the way through the Jeep along the floor and sides, and his seats sit on it.

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

79chevy39.5's

Postby 79chevy39.5's » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:39 am

nothing to add on the puam front, but the weather and trail conditions were perfect, i spent the weekend by crow creek campground riding my bike

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:58 am

This is my photog for the trip.

(Happy 8th Birthday to Libby by-the -way.)

Chris likes to read on the trail...
...so I set her up with some informational reading on the 'Oh Dear!' bar...
Millie was ready if we saw any elk...

Showing the colors...

Lance on the 'less interesting' way down from Moon Rocks. He drove out of it, if not through it, no worse for wear.
Mark-set-go us at Funny Rocks (Millie opted out for that one.)

Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Mandi

JK lance

Postby Mandi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 am

Is that JK stuck between the trees? Put that Jeep in park! and get out and look at what you've done! :D

Mandi

JK lance

Postby Mandi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:32 am

Is that JK stuck between the trees? Put that Jeep in park! and get out and look at what you've done! :D

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:53 am

A few shots from my phone.

My happy place...

Tim's couch...

Heading home...

It was a fun weekend (and not just because Tim and I ran away with the raffle prizes ;-) ) Thanks to TJDave for lighting a fire under us and getting us involved in this.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Good times folks. . .thanks for sharing.

Jeepscum

Postby Jeepscum » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Wanted to say thanks to all that attended and to the Putters for the raffle donation. Glad several of you won some swag and sorry Lance theres next year. Good to put some faces to names and hope to come down and run some 3 ball with ya soon.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Jeepscum wrote:Wanted to say thanks to all that attended and to the Putters for the raffle donation. Glad several of you won some swag and sorry Lance theres next year. Good to put some faces to names and hope to come down and run some 3 ball with ya soon.

8) Likewise. Nice talking with you again. Been awhile. Jeep is looking good too.
3 ball yes. It is quite a good time.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:19 pm

PUAM fun with the JeeperChicks...

N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “Naches”