Peak Putters - Naches Memorial Day weekend 2008

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
tenikiwon

Peak Putters - Naches Memorial Day weekend 2008

Postby tenikiwon » Mon May 26, 2008 4:52 pm

Great to meet everyone! Thanks for the invite, here's my pictures.

Pictures!
Click Here
Last edited by tenikiwon on Mon May 26, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone wheel'n......I wish :(
Andrew J. Nowicki
The FORD III - 2002 F250 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel - Tow Vehicle
Zuks(2 '87s & 88.5) Suzuki Samurai
My Home on the Web

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Mon May 26, 2008 6:45 pm

Glad you could come with us!

bobracing

Postby bobracing » Mon May 26, 2008 7:04 pm

We didn't hardly see anyone and were breaking trail all weekend long, this makes for a nice weekend.

Drove up Saturday morning to Marcella's and only found about 1/2 the amount of people camped there. After trying to figure out what to do, we headed up the Mud Springs trail, back side of Clover Springs. Not sure what the deal was but seemed everyone decided to be on that side of the mountains on the same channel too. Two groups tried Clover Springs head on and don't think they made it, head something about the big drift but hit a third, I think. Riding with Ed, "we" ended up 1/8 mile from the back side of Clover but the rest of the group was having problems lower and turning back. Being the only ones up there didn't sound like a good idea.

Sunday we went up Gold Creek but a couple of rigs had problems (some being newbies) but one flat out died. After that only two rigs were left. We headed up to the old fire look out and over to Barber springs finally running into other tracks but they turn around there. Looking over in the distance only a couple of rigs could be seen at the rocks and about 3 heading up. There was another group trying to come up to meet us but ran into mechanical problem before starting and got a late start. We knew they were on the way up but hadn't heard from them for a while. We headed back down to find them and they were within about a 1/4 mile of the top when one rig lost an axle, what a pain getting a 3 wheel drive rig out.

Over all a good weekend, it was wheelin'. The snow SUCKED on Sat. and it was a fight to get anywhere. In the shade you could do OK, but out in the sun, down you went and was very hard to get back on top. Sun. was better but still just once and a while the bottom would fall out. Also I head there was about a 30 Jeep traffic jam on the 308 of people trying to come over from Riders Camp.

colemancooler

Postby colemancooler » Tue May 27, 2008 4:49 am

Great Pics, I would be lieing if I said that is the first time I have seen an awd astro van up there :lol:
shindig wheelers #36

GRADESCHOOL

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Tue May 27, 2008 11:20 am

It was a great time. Here are the pictures Off of Evans camera and mine.

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue May 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Was a blast for sure. Nice to meet those of you that I have not met before, and seeing those of you that I have. I wish we could of arrived earlier than we did. Savannah had a great time on her first wheeling adventures. Had the slippery, narrow, side hill rookie jitters (AGAIN) at one spot, but my TJ did alot better than my confindence did! :oops: thanks to all that helped me get across. Can't wait 'till the next one.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue May 27, 2008 5:18 pm

It was a blast. I enjoyed meeting the newbies. Look forward to seeing you guys again. We'll have to do another run soon when the snow melts. :lol:

Lud
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lud » Tue May 27, 2008 6:07 pm

I can't wait to get out on another trip.

Gotta figure out what's with the front ARB as I'm spooled on the street right now up front. :shock:

Gonna try the easy stuff first. If not I may go back to my open diff up front while I send this thing over to ARB in Renton to have it rebuilt.

dangerranger

Postby dangerranger » Wed May 28, 2008 6:40 am

Hopefully the next run isn't too soon. I gotta try and figure out how to afford fixing the LF axle I broke Saturday night. Figuring the total cost with other parts will be about $900. :shock: Could be worse I guess. With moly shafts and good joints it shouldn't happen again. :D
I'm just one good rollover away from a tube buggy!

tenikiwon

Postby tenikiwon » Wed May 28, 2008 9:25 am

I'm shooting for the July 4th run with the All wheelers to be rolling. Don't know how much it's going to take/cost to get there, but isn't that what they make credit cards for?
Gone wheel'n......I wish :(

Andrew J. Nowicki

The FORD III - 2002 F250 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel - Tow Vehicle

Zuks(2 '87s & 88.5) Suzuki Samurai

My Home on the Web

BullRider

Postby BullRider » Wed May 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Good company, great trails, great wheeling, great entertainment(wrestler5005 :scared: .......... :woot: ........ :haha ). I completly forgot about work, home, you name it. Can't wait to wheel with you guys again.
Oh ya Dangerranger, you can ride shotgun with the !EL TORRO! again till your ride is going. I usually have a empty seat.

BullRider

Postby BullRider » Wed May 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Oh Ya, I almost forgot to tell you guys my coming home story.
So.....when I got home after spending three nights in the woods, wheel hard, etc. and drive 2.5 hours, I give my wife and the kids a hug and jump in the shower to clean up. Half way through my shower and 15mins from the time I got home I hear a Shreeeeeek from the other room. I yell out "what's the Matter". My wife replies "I have a tick on me!!!!!". To my demise(later of course) I started to crack up laughing. I'd been in the woods three days and drove 2.5hours straight in the truck with a tick, and it doesn't bug me but jumps on my wife the minute I step in the door. Apparently she is alot sweeter than I am :wink:

Return to “Naches”