Peak Putters - 2008 Fathers Day Run at Naches - 6/14/08

Pics and reports of past Naches area runs
commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - 2008 Fathers Day Run at Naches - 6/14/08

Postby commando14 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Toby called the fathers day run to Naches this year and was our trail leader. It was a great time! We took Kaner flats to Lilly Pond and then on to Funny Rocks, a few of us hit Moon Rocks on the way out. I believe we had 13 rigs in our group.

Here is the nasty spot. None of us could make it over that rut without winching.

Last edited by commando14 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Nice. . .I'm Jealous a little. . .a lot. . .

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:39 am

Father’s Day 2008 Run Report – Naches Area

The group met at Long Meadow around 9:30am. In attendance were (in no particular order):

• Toby (white YJ)
• Chuck (grey EB)
• David (green MJ)
• Ed (white CJ-xx)
• Rev (white YJ)
• Evan (green Taco)
• Scotty (blue XJ)
• Dan (white YJ)
• Tim (yellow EB)
• Curtis (blue CJ-5)
• Jose (white YJ)
• And (2) YJ’s full of nice folks I hadn’t met before, and never did catch their names…

There were also several passengers that I didn’t keep track of (sorry!!!), but all in all we had a large group of great folks up there. We headed for the Kaner Flats Trail right around 10:00am…

As we made the ascent toward the first major hill, there were really no issues, but TONS of beautiful scenery. Snow capped peaks in the distance, and plenty of green grasses and wild flowers in the meadows. Just before the hill, we all stopped to bunch back up and Tim and I took at look at my once-again overheating YJ. Tim pointed out the fact that my temp sensor for the electric fan was located in the worst possible spot, so once I cleared the top of the hill, I whipped out the tool kit and relocated my temp sensor. VOILA!! The YJ ran at a steady 185* the rest of the trip. Thanks again, Tim! Everyone else climbed the hill with no drama.

Also sitting at the top of the hill were a few buggies. As our group crept along the trail and made our way to “the spotâ€
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Great reports and pics guys!

It was nice to see you guys Sunday. We didn't push to far into the snow due to my crap tires.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:32 pm

tobyw wrote:• And (2) YJ’s full of nice folks I hadn’t met before, and never did catch their names…

In the blue YJ was Danny.. he's my cousins wifes brother. And in the red YJ was his buddy DJ.

They've been wheeling a few times but are fairly new to the sport. I think they did a great job for newbies :lol:.

Return to “Naches”