Peak Putters - Liberty 4th of July 2014

Pics and reports of past Liberty runs
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Liberty 4th of July 2014

Postby iaccocca » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Quick starter.

We camped Thursday thru Sunday. Parade on Friday. Some firewood runs all weekend. Separate wheeling runs on Saturday. Hard core peeps wheeled Sunday. Hot and dusty and a ball.

Pictures, attendance and my view from the trail to follow.

What did we learn? Even firefighters will scream like a little girl (by his own admission) and Lee still can't see the tree for the forest.

Please add your run reports and pics. :thu:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Liberty 4th of July 2014

Postby scumby » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:52 pm

iaccocca wrote:What did we learn? Even firefighters will scream like a little girl (by his own admission) and Lee still can't see the tree for the forest.

this pic in no way does justice to the fear in a persons voice.

and therre were some strange looking people on this run.

very little carnage as of our departure this morning when we left around 11:30. I personally do not recommend hummer tires. Side walls are way to hard, they break and crack when in the rocks (weber canyon) below would be the end result. of course seeing the huge crack in the sidewall i saw no need to change the tire when the sidewall gave out 1/4 mile from camp so i drove it back.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:33 am

4th 'O July Liberty Run

Thursday the 3rd of July Al and Stacey and Steve and Dolly secured us a good campsite on the south side of the regular Liberty camp ground. It was good that they did, because the Around the Sound Jeepers and Campers were there with 13+ rigs along with many others in Liberty to wheel. A little later Lee (yours truly) and Chris and the Jeeper Chicks rolled in with their trusty tent trailer. All bets were called a draw when Jose and Sveta and their Jeeper Chick rolled-in in daylight. You read right, real life daylight on the 3rd. We were pleased to see Ed and Karen (our barista for the weekend) also join our camp. On the 4th we were surprised and Happy to see Roy and his pull in also. And, as expected Lance and Mandi showed with not one but two Jeeps ready to wheel. A gold miner named Doug also frequented our camp from his claim near the river. I hope I did not miss anyone.
Thursday night I saddled up with Jose and we went on a firewood run. To say that we were proud of our method of how to carry firewood with a YJ would be an understatement.

Al also employed a death defying method of gatherin firewood in camp.

Turns out our choice of camp location was lucky, because there was a burn ban on the other side of the river, but not on our side.
Here I'll break the parade / Saturday report into a new post...
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:07 am

The Parade

The AM on the 4th found us decorating our trail rigs in proper patriotic fashion and then rolling out of camp at 10:30ish in search of the fabled Bloody Mary stand; we also found the unbefore-known Screwdriver stand. At eleven proper the parade began in Liberty with 4 Putter rigs in attendance along with numerous other Jeeps, fire trucks, etc. Turns out there are other ways to have fun in a wheelin' rig at 3 mph.

This guy had nothing on Jose and I...

Then a potluck that couldn't be beat, panning for gold, yardsaling, and cherry pit spitting contest.

Afterwards we went in search of ice and then Lee, Jose, and Al went on another firewood expedition with 2 rigs. Dinner found us having a potluck of our own with the whole group sharing their cooking talents.

Saturday would be wheelin' in two groups. I'll post up how it went on our side of the hi-way...
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am

More photos and captions of the Peak Putters' "Forth of July Trip to Liberty WA". The air was filled with laughter the entire weekend. Image

Camp at Williams Creek. Al, Stacy, Dolly and I showed up Thursday around noon. The campsites were already mostly filled up. We lucked out and got this spot as some folks in the spot packed up to leave. Eventually, we filled in the open spaces when the Ed, Roy, Lance, and their better halves showed up in motorhomes.

Dolly setup a finger nail painting station. Most all of the women got there nails painted in prep for the parade. Here is Dolly finishing up Liz, I think Lee in next in line.

Al and Stacy loaded pretty much everything they ate with Jalapenos.... even the red-lava-links they grilled up, which were followed by flaming red Cheetos. They sure can handle the spicy food. Be sure to ask Al about his black water holding tank issue the next time you see him :P

Karen kept the ice coffee drinks flowing the entire weekend. Secretly, I think she enjoyed watching Peak Putters cringe with brain freezes.

Dolly prepped the truck for the Liberty Grand Parade.

We're inline for the parade

Millie watching the boyz sniff-out her ride

Where else in the World can you find one old guy in a camo kelt, one skinny guy in a fishing vest, and a Thing parked next to a logging truck?

In order.... Steve and Dolly

Jose and Sveta and then Al and Stacy

Lee

Fire truck

Lee again

I think someone froze Roy.

Folks meeting up during the run and then climbing to the top of the lookout point.

Back to camp after running the Westside of Hwy97

Preparing for the feed.

The gals played cards until dark. I think every camper in Williams Creek could hear them laughing can carrying on.

Last night around the camp fire.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:47 am

Nice Steve! You really captured the vibe of the whole weekend.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 am

Saturday wheelin'

The Ybarra clan and the Retterer clan headed off a little after the follow Ed / Roy group. First, we went to Hole in the Rock.

Then we ran Hole in the Rock trail up. I finely found the tight trail they put in to bypass the mudholes. Unfortunately, I did not find it while it was still very tight. :-( We were pleasantly surprised to see some dusty, stock Land Rovers and one stock 2-dr JK had followed us up the trail.
We then went to Haney Meadow and beyond. When we realized we were halfway to Wenatchee we parked at an interesting overlook and ate our lunch.
After that we turned back towards Lion Rock and Lady Bug rock, but not without a detour onto Tronson Ridge Trail 4W312. A tree saw Iaccocca there, but Lee did not see the tree.
From the ridge, above 6,000 feet we reached out to the other Putters on the CB. We learned there was no carnage on their end. Lance must have already cleaned out his seat (I'll let him tell the story) and Al's tire must of still been holding air.

No pictures please. The paparazzi are hell even in the mountains.

Lions Rock at Lady bug Rock.
Yes, this is how Chris rolls...

Back at camp the wine and cards came out...
Drivers debrief... of course one of the drivers was at the ladies' table.

Great weekend with the Peak Putters!
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:44 am

Lee - how do you like the 35's on the LJ??
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 am

tobyw wrote:Lee - how do you like the 35's on the LJ??

Rides nice. Just a little rub in the back. Can't wait to get them in the snow. At 7lbs they are just beautiful on the trail. Makes pulling the tent camper a bit more of a pain in the a$$.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 am

...oh, and they are pretty. :lv:
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Word has it that some of us really missed out on Sunday's run :x
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:17 pm

:)
Last edited by SPR on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:43 pm

SPR wrote:Word has it that some of us really missed out on Sunday's run :x
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:58 pm

SPR wrote:Word has it that some of us really missed out on Sunday's run :x

there will always be more runs.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Jurate asked us to post a few of her pictures from the Liberty Run. It's dealer's choice....

It was that type of weekend :)

Betty Crocker making breakfast burrito stuffings

I saw this in person. Who knows hair better than Jose? Moses may have parted the Red Sea but not Jose's hair line.

Flower Power Boyz

More Flower Power

Not the line.

It looks like Ms Mandi swallowed a bug.

Patient Roy

Proud American

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 am

It hasn't been brought up yet, and I do not know if anyone got pics, but we were greeted at the Liberty Town turn off by the sight of a well rolled yellow TJ. It had gone back down a dusty trail on 319 to help recover a YJ (I believe) when it slid in the silt and rolled 3 times. By reports, the human occupants were fine, but the canine passenger's tether broke, the dog went thru the top and broke its pelvis. Last report it was being taken for surgery.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

mattawajeep

Postby mattawajeep » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Wish I could a gone, like every year so far. Waved to Lee pulling his tent camper through Mattawa's new roundabout on his way out.

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:59 pm

A couple of RAW Wideo Links!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152508163743236

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152508207298236

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152508222128236

I'll get to processing and clipping these into some sort of logical order soon...

Oh and Mandi still got a lot of pictures even though she was "driving" that she has yet to find the time to get up, prolly not gonna happen until next week...
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:45 am

Pics from my Jeeper Chicks photogs (actually much of the parade shots were taken by them with my camera.)

N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:28 am

ahhh. . .the dirt mustache. The true mark of a Jeeperchick(or dude). :D

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 am

That looked like an awesome trip. So wish I could of made a two event week.
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Return to “Liberty”