Peak Putters - Liberty - July 5th-8th, 2007

Pics and reports of past Liberty runs
SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Liberty - July 5th-8th, 2007

Postby SPR » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:53 pm

I will let someone else elaborate on the run report (Great trip). If you were there, you will know what the following is about...Thanks Scumby for the neat trick...Steve

Calcium = red flame
Copper = green flame
Sodium = orange flame
Lithium = pink flame
Lead = blue flame
Potassium = purple flame
Barium = light green flame
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

GRADESCHOOL

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:54 pm

A great run that was alittle dusty but not o bad.. Thanks to everyone for coming and everything. Special thanks to Don for some really good food. Also thanks to Jose for everything he has done for me. There arent alot of pictures but here are a few...

My GREAT welding job
And the result |(after being semi fixed) Also my dad wasnt mad and didnt even say anything YET about it but itll be fixed all the way when i get some time.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

!!

Postby commando14 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:12 pm

This was our annual July Liberty run for 2007 called by Oddball. This run was a great time. And Scumby showed us all a cool trick to make some neat colors in the fire. The weather was nice, in the 80's. Very dusty of course, and the mosquitos were bad in some spots!

I got this one short video of Danny going up the hard line at the stair steppers:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZqvFj4hs0[/youtube]

I didn't make it up until Friday night, so I missed Friday's afternoon run that most of the group went on. On Saturday about 9am we headed out of camp and went up the 319 trail. At the first big mud hole not too far from the trailhead Scumby's motor mount bolts sheared off in the block. After some trail repair Scumby continued on the trail and then took his Jeep back down to camp once the trail crossed the gravel road.

A fallen tree was propped up in the middle of the road and made it a little tight to get through.

The trail crossed the gravel road at this point so Scumby took his Jeep back down to camp with the broken motor mount.

Here we started heading up the stair stepper. This is the best part of the 319 trail. Towards the top, Oddball opted to take the harder line to the right between two trees. After a few attempts he made it up. Roman and Danny also made it up the harder line. I tried a few times, but kept getting hung up.

The sheep are everywhere!!

This is the hole in the rock. Really cool rock formations, you can climb up the cracks in the middle and get on top. Someone made a ladder up too.

Some other Jeepers camped by us told us about a newer tight trail that runs off the 334 hole in the wall trail. On Sunday we went up 334 and found the trail. It was a great trail and was really tight.

We made it through all the tight spots, some rubbing here and there but no damage. Scott did real good at gettin the Cherokee through the tight trees, but near the end of the trail just as the trail started to open up he didn't see a big tree and smacked it.

Image[/youtube]

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:29 pm

Good report :!: Really starting to be ready to get up in that country after a few issues are worked out around the ranch :?
Last edited by Grumpy on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Very cool.

We just rolled back in. . .I'm in for the next run!!! Just name it. 8)

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 am

stace and i would like to thank everyone for a good time. thanks to dan and roy for letting us ride with you guys. good food, good run, good people always makes for a good run.

thanks to those who helped with repairs on my jeep and for everyone being patient while it was being done. i will return the tools and parts at the next meeting.

my junk is fixed when is the next run?

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:45 pm

The picture of the "Hole In The Rock" was featured in the Steven Segal Movie, "On Deadly Ground", filmed in 1993
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Don

Postby Don » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:49 pm

I had a great time! Thanks again Scott for letting me ride along. I didn't get a ton of great pics, but feel free to browse my folder: http://dhealy.20fr.com/liberty07

I think this picture speaks for its self :D

Dave, feel free to use the logo pictures and whatever else you'd like.

Don

Postby Don » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Another video of Danny ..

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pBFQ-hYok2M[/youtube]

Return to “Liberty”