Peak Putters - Ahtanum Snow Run - March 14th, 2009

Pics and reports of past Ahtanum runs
commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Ahtanum Snow Run - March 14th, 2009

Postby commando14 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:58 pm

On Saturday we headed up to Ahtanum to play in the snow. In attendance was Lee, Rich, Roy, Dale with brother Ryan and dad John, and myself. We met at Tampico at 9am and headed up Nasty Creek. The new snow on top was fluffy and usually required lots of RPM's to bust new trail. We made it on top of the ridge and went for a ways until the new snow got worse and just would not pack down. It was slow going so we decided to head back down to go up the South Fork. A cop was sitting at the Tampico parking lot and we all watched nervously in our mirrors as we passed him... luckily he didn't bother us. The snow on South Fork was packing much better and made for some good wheeling. About 10 miles up the road was groomed so we headed back down and found some good open areas to play in on the way down. Dale did great in his Rubicon and Lee had me wishing I would have bought Dick Cepek Mud Countrys instead of the MTZs! It was a fun time, thanks to all who came.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Saturday was a good day playing in the snow. The fluffy snow was slow going, especially for whoever was busting trail... David and Rich did most of the heavy lifting on that front. But there were some fun high speed runs (as high speed as you get in 4:1 4lo) going thru the fluffy stuff downhill and in flat areas.
The grippier snow on the south fork was great fun. At some points I was going uphill in virgin snow next to Roy at places where I'd have been thrilled just to follow Roy.
I was super pleased with my tires; this being the first time I had them in the deep snow.
The company was great and I think a good time was had by all. Here are my pics.

Time for lunch...
The rigs of the day before we aired up to drive past Johnny law on our way to the South Fork...
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Dale

good dat

Postby Dale » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:11 am

This was a great trip in the snow. thanks again guys for showing me a great time up their. I am excited to see how the snow is going to be on april 4th.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Here are some more pics courtesy of Dale

Return to “Ahtanum State Forest / Tampico”