quick trip to Ahtanum

Pics and reports of past Ahtanum runs
Dale

quick trip to Ahtanum

Postby Dale » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

MY brother, dad and me went up to Ahtanum on Friday and played around for the day. I had only been up their in the snow and it was cool to do some dirt wheelin or should I say dust wheelin up their. My temp gauge read 100 degrees much of the day, with it even at 90 degrees on top of Darland Mt. I went down a trail at the top of Darland Mt. that was pretty steep that my Cousin David and Roy had told me about. I only went about half way down it because it was getting pretty lose far as traction and we only had one rig, but it was alot of fun. We also ended up seeing 17 head of Elk up their to. All the other trials up their had big signs saying keep off except for authorized vehicles. I imagine because of the fire danger. So we didnt get to go down to many trails, but It was a good trip! :lol:

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Dale, any bad day weeling is better than a good day at work. And the rest of the family, was where........?
Forget your age and live your life!

Dale

Postby Dale » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm

You sure are right about that, I would rather be up their then doing alot of things! I guess I need a bigger jeep, or maybe my wife will let me buy another one, J/K. :lol:

Beep Beep

Re: quick trip to Ahtanum

Postby Beep Beep » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:06 am

Dale wrote:All the other trials up their had big signs saying keep off except for authorized vehicles. I imagine because of the fire danger. So we didnt get to go down to many trails, but It was a good trip! :lol:
Those signs are normally there. There are not many legal trails left at the Ahtanum State Forest.

Return to “Ahtanum State Forest / Tampico”