Peak Putters - Camp Schamp 4/15-17 2011

Pics and reports of past Ahtanum runs
OldGreen

Peak Putters - Camp Schamp 4/15-17 2011

Postby OldGreen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 am

I'll let the photogs fill in the details. . .and I think that Commando14 called the run. However:

Screaming Toylet's Biscuits and Gravy did make me run screaming to the Toilet, but they were FANTASTIC.

Then. . .wow. . .the Man-Quiche was absolutely epic: Chorizo? Yeah, that's right. I think that this was top 5 in man-quicheness. After it was done, many of us placed it on a biscuit, drizzled on some homemade sausage gravy and finished it with green onion and a dollop of sour cream. Pics to follow.

Oh Yeah. . .we went wheelin' too and that was really fun. Winches were pulled many times. The SuperYanker was in almost constant use. Roy and Rich made the summit. I think that someone that was paying more attention could be more detailed. There were like 13 rigs and I think that all were either members or family of members of the club.

No stress for me sitting in the co-dog seat. It was just what I needed after traveling over much of the country for the last few weeks. Will and I even stayed in camp on Sunday and threw rocks in the creek, played in the fire, roasted 'shmallows, and told "your mama's so fat" jokes. I may have even nodded off a few times.

The only bummer of the weekend was that Danny lost his spectacles. That and some words from some uninformed snowmobilers. . .but we shrugged it off and carried on. That's the last time this year that we'll see them, so no biggy.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:14 pm

It was a good time, and yea those bisquits and gravy and the man-quiche were pretty darn good on Sunday morning. We had a good turnout, around 13 rigs sounds about right. I have the front end toor apart on the Comanche so I rode along with my dad. On Saturday morning we headed the mid-fork towards Darland Mt. The snow was pretty nasty and slow going. Pretty much had to find and stay on the path where the groomer had been running. My dad and Rich worked at the big hill just below the summit for some time, they almost made it up a few times but kept sliding down and it was getting slicker and slicker. So out came the winches and we used Rich's extra cable to reach a dead tree. Once we made it up that hill it was clear sailing to the top where we found the red white and blue flying like crazy in the wind. We headed back down and some of us headed up whites ridge I believe, Danny slid off the road and came close to flopping. We seen Paul and Ed back at the snow park at the end of the day, they had went up the North Fork and made it to that last big switchback before reaching the summit.

On Sunday we were down to four rigs, we headed up Jackass but came to some pretty bad drifted side hills. We headed back down a bit and found another green dot road headed towards Cowiche mill area.... we pretty much got lost but the snow was much better for wheeling. We finally found a narrow road that headed down but we came across a broken down Jeep that was left in the middle of the trail, and there was no way around it. We backtracked and took another road down that ended up at Nasty Creek.

Thanks to everyone who came!

Phantom 309

Postby Phantom 309 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 am

Damn that looks like fun. :thu:

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:00 am

As posted before, "It Lives!" And did pretty good in tough snow, open / open.
Not stuck here... yet, just parked. Snow is my e-brake.
Lead of the stragglers... stuck on either end of a tow rope, winch repairs... interesting stories coming over the radio.
If Jose wants to use that thing for a snow plow someone should really fab him up a blade.
Image I was giving Danny grief for wheelin' with a hardtop... Danny had the last laugh uptop. These pictures don't show it, but that wind made for some pretty miserable spring wheelin'; and even more miserable spring standing around listening to the reports from Rich and Roy over on Darland Mt. while we watched like so many guys at Houston listening to the guys on the moon.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 pm

commando14 wrote:

That's a nice piece of recovery work right there. These guys owe you a big Thank You Danny for keeping their skills up to snuff.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Fozzie

Postby Fozzie » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:29 pm

"Racing is living,Everything else is just waiting!"Steve McQueen

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:37 pm

8)
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Optiskate

Postby Optiskate » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:34 am

That looks like so much fun.

Return to “Ahtanum State Forest / Tampico”