2013 EWA Top Member Challenge - Mar 2 2013

Pics and reports of past Ahtanum runs
Beep Beep

2013 EWA Top Member Challenge - Mar 2 2013

Postby Beep Beep » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:32 am

2013 Eastern Washington Adventures Top Member Challenge
Report by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures
Photo by Clay Graham & Ron Dunn Jr. / Eastern Washington Adventures

Colockum Pass, Washington - Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Saturday March 2nd, 2013 Eastern Washington Adventures Club members met up at Curly’s II in Kittitas Washington for the annual Top Member Challenge. We lined up and headed to Colockum Road for the Eastern Washington Adventures Top Member Challenge up Colockum Pass.

Once on Colockum Road we aired down and headed up to find a good starting point. We hit snow not to far into the trees. Once on top of the ridge the snow got challenging. We found a wide area near the power lines to start the snow wheeling challenge to the Halfway Station Marker.

We lined up the challenge member rigs. TJ40 – TJ, Foxracer – TJ, Jepscum – TJ and in the second row was Guido -TJ. The judge rigs were Ceg & Ron the Parts Guy – JK and AlwayswrenchN & Jeep Wife – YJ. Rangerat – YJ watched from the back of the pack.

This was a close race. Everyone was in the lead one time or another. Even the JK Judge rig. LOL

There was a lot of stucks along the way. Only rigs competing could help each other out and being good sports they did. The JK judge rig had to get help from the judges in the YJ a few times.

Since the snow was so challenging and it was getting late, we moved the finish line up to a Green Dot cross road we knew. The problem was the Green Dot markers were missing and some at the finish line did not remember the land marks. Foxracer stumbled across the finish line looking for the Green Dot markers so he is the 2013 Top Member. He would have had it sooner if the Green Dot markers were there. The only other competing rig close to the finish line was Guido. We were there in the JK to call the winner.

We all turned around to head back out. Leaving was a challenge for my low riding JK since the ruts were deep in areas and the snow got slushy from the warm day. I got pulled out by many rigs on the way out. I dropped the tire pressure down to 5 PSI but that did not help much. The last bad part I just broke trail around the ruts and it worked well. As we came out of the snow we could hear one of my tires was all the way flat. We had to add air before the airing up area and then added more to all the tires down the road.

Around 6:30 PM we met back up at Curly’s II in Kittitas for the award dinner. J T Parts & Accessories / JustDifferentials.com donated a Nitro Gear & Axle FlexFit hat to the winner and had decals for everyone. Foxracer will get a trophy with his name on it from Eastern Washington Adventures.

This was a very fun day thanks to who all came. Thank you J T Parts & Accessories / JustDifferentials.com for donating the Nitro Gear & Axle FlexFit hat to the winner and for all the decals.

See full report with 100 photos at: EWA Top Member Challenge, Snow Wheeling Colockum Pass – Mar 2 2013

Return to “Ahtanum State Forest / Tampico”