AWORC - Juniper Dunes Mother's Day Run (May 11th-13th, 2007)

Pics and reports of past Juniper / Beverly Dunes runs
Beep Beep

AWORC - Juniper Dunes Mother's Day Run (May 11th-13th, 2007)

Postby Beep Beep » Mon May 14, 2007 10:09 am

All Wheelers Off Road Club - Juniper Dunes Mother's Day Run
May 11th-13th, 2007

On Friday May 11th, 2007 Fatboy's family and mine convoyed to Juniper Dunes near Pasco, Washington to camp for the weekend. We set up camp near the power lines off the newer parking road.

We drove the kids out to the tall dunes and let them do some sand sledding.

Saturday morning most of the others showed up at camp around 10 AM. Some from the Peak Putters Club, some from the EWOR forum and 3 AWORC members.

Commando14 was the Trail Boss on this run and lead us out to the big dunes below the Upper Parking Area.

Jacobie

Jerry from Yakima and Fatboy in the background

99, Luna, Test Dummy and GaryM

Bobstar

99 & Luna

Ben

Jacobie

GaryM

Fatboy

Test Dummy

Commando14 and Luna in the background

After awhile hill climbing that area we head on up the trail. Here is Test Dummy at the Juniper Dunes Wilderness sign in box.

We stopped for a break along the Juniper Dunes Wilderness boundary.

Moving on down the fence line we camp up on a gas line. We stopped and waited for the others. Someone was having some problems on the trail behind us. It didn't take to long and they were back on the trail. Here comes "Jerry from Yakima".

Ben

Toward the end of the ORV area we had lunch and some fun climbing dunes.

Dave W

At this point the group split up. Most headed back out. Fatboy, Test Dummy and I wheeled to the end on the ORV area and followed the west fence line back to the big power lines. We ran the power lines close to the east fence and turned off toward camp.

Once back at camp we took a break before heading back out. Toyman2 came out to camp with us. He set up camp and so did Bobstar and Luna as Fatboy and I went back out to wheel. Colemancooler rode shot gun with me.

We were having a blast and climbing hills. I went for this hill climb a few times without much of a run.
I almost topped the hill when I lost a freeze plug. Colemancooler some how found it. We could see that someone did not have it in straight. Fatboy was nice enough to tow the Tweety Jeep back to camp with his TJ. It did a great job pulling us up the sand dunes.

As I was being towed down Peterson road back to camp, Printthis came around us. He said he had been at our camp but had to get going back home so we didn't get to visit.

Back at camp we found Hercules came to camp with us. Colemancooler headed home. The rest of us sat around the camp fire as much as we could, between the rain showers. We had a great time visiting.

Sunday most of us packed up and headed home. Bobstar and Luna stayed awhile to play.

I want to thank everyone that came out. We had a great time. I think we will be back again next Mother's Day.

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:13 pm

Good report and pics! It was a great time. Wish I would have taken some pics. I almost brought the Jeepster back out on Sunday morning, wasn't sure if you guys would still be there.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Mon May 14, 2007 9:04 pm

We were planning to stay until around 5 but the XJ was broke and most of the others headed for home. We left around noon.

I think we are going to change our Annual October Beverly Run and run Juniper instead this year. It is only another 20 mile drive there and a lot more fun.

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 pm

Ceg wrote:We were planning to stay until around 5 but the XJ was broke and most of the others headed for home. We left around noon.

I think we are going to change our Annual October Beverly Run and run Juniper instead this year. It is only another 20 mile drive there and a lot more fun.

That's cool! Do a little agitation and see how many rigs we can get for that one :D
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Beep Beep

Postby Beep Beep » Tue May 15, 2007 8:49 am

Dave Walters wrote:
Ceg wrote:I think we are going to change our Annual October Beverly Run and run Juniper instead this year. It is only another 20 mile drive there and a lot more fun.

That's cool! Do a little agitation and see how many rigs we can get for that one :D
Let's do it!

http://www.peakputters.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107

Return to “Juniper Dunes / Beverly Dunes”