Hover 6/24/12 Solo Gear Testing

Pics and reports of past Juniper / Beverly Dunes runs
Livin4Today

Hover 6/24/12 Solo Gear Testing

Postby Livin4Today » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 am

Thanks to my lovely Co-Pilot Mandi, we have some photographic evidence that the gears tested well, and the Black Sheep rides again! Oops, I mean Black Jeep...

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Yep, We started out looking for the "Elusive Rocks" supposedly to the Left as you enter the park, but only found ourselves on the other side of the tracks on some sweet sandy beaches and lagoon. :roll:

Next we played in the water a little bit, comparing our ride two weeks prior to this and noted a very likable difference. The lil' mini vam motor seems to like the new gears, and she's not sweating as much... :o

Next we made our way to "Butt Crack"(first 5 pics, and the last too) I'd tried crawling it before the gear swap, my 4.10s got me about 3/4s of the way up before losing traction. AS you can see in the pics we almost got into the completion canyon's mouth maybe 30-40 feet from the top before having to back down (about 90% or better). I think maybe after a solid rain when the powder turns more solid, we could make it. Or maybe I should drop to 4 lbs as opposed to 6? :?:

So then in the spirit of finding something to climb, we meandered further south to explore, following the river in search of something rocky to play on. As you can see, we spent the entire day going up and down enjoying the sun and beautiful views, before heading for home. On our way home we jumped back into the park to ride down "Butt Crack" to get a feel for the ground we had yet to roll over... 8)

While we were playing in the water I swapped seats with Mandi for a bit to get some pics and vid of her skills, so as we were headed to the house we swapped again. :wink:

We followed a ditchbank from Hover to 9 Mile, and between the Blair Rds found ourselves up with the windmills (Mandi is facinated by them). Finally, I made her drive up Joe Butte from the East, before calling it a day. I'm thinking I'll have to find more challenging trails for all of us (my Rig included) as it wasn't even breathing heavy. :shock:

All in all, it was a great day, we ran solo from 10:30 am to nearly 8:00 pm and had a blast! :o
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:39 am

Our start time may have been closer to 10:45 because before we left we tried to get my doors off without any luck... If anyone knows any secrets beyond removing the lower nuts, I'd love to hear them...
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Postby Danny » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 am

Lance, sounds like all the work you've done is paying off....guess that's the point, right?

Sounds like a fun solo outing. Also looks like the heap is starting to look like a real Jeep....getting thrashed on. :barbare :OO
Forget your age and live your life!

messge80

Postby messge80 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 pm

remove the top nuts also

Return to “Juniper Dunes / Beverly Dunes”