Peak Putters - Webber Canyon - Oct 2008

Pics and reports of past Slab / Weber / Hover / A&B runs
Danny
Peak Putters Associate
Peak Putters Associate

Peak Putters - Webber Canyon - Oct 2008

Postby Danny » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:22 pm

...was a GREAT RUN!

Those in attendance, besides myself, were TJDave, (he just rode along because he was afraid to break something) OG, Lurch, Grumpy, Fozzie, Roman and a friend of his, a guy he works with Brad. I just hope I didn't scare Brad too badly on his first real wheeling trip. Brad's a big rig mud and sand guy but we won't hold that agaist him.

Everyone but me and TJ showed up promptly late, but never the less showed up, rigs in tow. Jimmy was the first one into the canyon and immediately attempted a near vertical climb back out. It took a few tries but in true OG fashion he made it. Back into the canyon he went and we all followed suit and started out assult of the canyon. Of course the first one to encounter any problems was OG who found a rock about the size volkswagon to get hung up on. After several minutes of attempts with our expert guidance, and addition of more rocks for traction, made it over the VW. Danny was next in line and after having gone to school on OG's hangup made it look easy. The remainder of the rigs made it just fine.

Shortly after the VW Roman got hung up and I had to pull him off is high center and off we went again with OG in the lead this time.

The next one to get high centered was me! The more I worked at it the more I got turned sideways in the canyon. That VW had gotten ahead of us and I found it! It took a while and lots of big rocks to get out of tihs one. We played bump-to-pass the rest of the way up the canyon to the turnaround. Here Roman decided that he'd try to make a vertical assult at the end of the trail that almost resulted in a backwords summersault. Ask Grumpy, it was an a _ _ wipper. At this point the only one that hadn't had hangup problems was Lurch, but then what would you expect with that huge ground grabber of his.

On the way down Roman lost a front driveline u-joint strap, the only broken part for the day. He pulled the driveline and headed down. We ended up having to "unstuck" him several times before he got to the bottom. OG got hung up once on the way down and I had to pull him off yet another high center situation. At the bottom OG made a couple of attempts at a dusty assult out of the canyon bottom. You could not see the jeep as it crested the rim. I decided I could do that too so at it I went and made it look easy.

As it turned out Roman got stuck again trying to get out of the canyon at the bottom so I pulled cable for him and got him out.

All in all it was a great run and I would like to thank those that came out. Fozzie was the only one with a camera but his pics and vids need some weird conversion that OG has just about figured out, so we'll have to wait for Fozzie and OG for the proof.

Thanks Guys.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 pm

Yeah. . .fun little run. Too bad it will be closed up there all winter and maybe forever. . . :cry:

Danny does make everything look easy. I tend to try lines that I think won't work and see if my Jeep can prove me wrong. Sometimes, unfortunately, I win. :lol:

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:37 pm

It was a lot of fun. It was a long overdue wheeling trip. 8)

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Umm, what they said. And I unstuck the inverted springs when I got home . . .

White trash

Postby White trash » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:22 pm

Roman wrote:Umm, what they said. And I unstuck the inverted springs when I got home . . .

yea, they are right, shackle reversals suck... :lol:

Grumpy
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator
Peak Putters' Land-Use Coordinator

Postby Grumpy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:32 am

He don't have any reverse shackle unless he does it the hard way :wink: It was a fun afternoon. Really wonder what realigning the pavement will do to it :shock:
Dave
Have Scout, will wheel...Someday...Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon80
-By driving a Scout, you my friend have recycled, which is more than those pansy Prius owners can say.
-I love driving a piece of history that was nearly lost.

Return to “Slab / Weber / Hover / A&B”