Peak Putters - Roy's old school Tiger Canyon run (5-31-2014)

Pics and reports of past Dayton / Blue Mtns Runs
SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Roy's old school Tiger Canyon run (5-31-2014)

Postby SPR » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Fun fun and more fun... Sun, good weather, cool scenery, great people, good running rigs, and snow. We left Pasco around 7am, dropped off the tow rigs at Gilbert's in Walla Walla by 8am, and after a few wrong turns, and two right turns,we were up on Tiger Canyon watching Andrew replace his cool yellow coil with a plain black one. It didn't take long and we were bouncing along on snowy roads towards Table Rock look out. Unfortunately, we were denied at the "milk shake" so we turned south and headed to Tollgate for eight miles of snowy and often technical driving. Roy blazed trail most of the trip and the rest of us happily followed along; regularly sliding into tree wells or crab walking off camber sections. We ran out of snow 18 miles from Tollgate so we made time getting there. It was around 4pm when we left Tollgate to take the paved road back to Walla Walla to pick up the tow rigs. This run was pretty challenging, but surprisingly no one had to pull cable or suffered much body damage.

Post your pictures if you have them.
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 am

I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

SquirrelCrusher

Postby SquirrelCrusher » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:24 am

Looks like fun. I've tried getting to table rock outlook but it is still to snowed in for my dirt bike.
'94 Bronco - Buckstop bumper w/ 12k winch
To many atvs and dirt bikes

For Sale '96 F-250 Powerstroke - 4in lift, 35's, Dana 60 Front end, Tuner
Sold '96 Jeep Cherokee - 4in lift, 35s, Dual Spartans, 4.88s
Sold '80 Camaro Z/28 - T-Tops, auto, 350

commando14
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby commando14 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:44 pm

It was a fun time... reminded me of the good old days.

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 pm

No pictures show it, but there where some squirrely stuff on that run. However the group was dialed in and made it look easy (excluding me on several occasions. I hadn't ran the whole stretch in the snow since jimmy and I ran that many years ago. It was a good spring snow run back then as well. Within a week or two that might be a good overnighter on the trail camp trip.

Return to “Dayton / Blue Mountains”