Badger Mountain Challenge 2023

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Badger Mountain Challenge 2023

Postby Roman » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:31 am

22hrs since arriving back home...
Body is destroyed, brain has crashed, already trying to make notes for next year!

Completely different conditions this year. Organizing staff committed this may have been the harshest conditions EVER!

Below freezing, high winds, SNOW!

Thursday night volunteer meeting was similar to last year, except we weren't going in blind this time. We were able to answer some questions for new McBee volunteers and provide some support to org staff. The meeting time of 5pm made it difficult for some folks to attend to to work schedules.

In attendance:
Sveta, Isabel and myself
Curtis & Shari
Nick
Al
Vadim

Friday morning Tim brought his camper out to the trail head and after a few attempts we were able to get it stabbed in the right spot. Ran him and Charlie back home then back out to assist with station set-up. Apon arrival John (station Captain) was very excited Tim had brought the wind block out again this year! I worked 9am-1pm, and had to FORCE myself to leave. I told myself I wouldn't be any good to the late night runners if I crashed too soon.
Curtis & Shari worked 2pm-8pm, Allison had asked if we had some folks that could help support the afternoon shift and they did a great job.

I came back at 6pm, worked a few hours with Curtis & Shari, and slowly our night shift heros started to trickle in. Al, Nick, Tim, Kevin, Mike and Vadim worked through some horrible conditions. Everyone was amazing, and we made the race possible for many racers. Even the people that couldn't continue were made comfortable, changing their outlook on the event and their own effort. We heard so many reports from racers saying how much they appreciated our effort from last year, how we made it possible for them to complete their race. We will hear even more next year!

I want to thank our amazing group for helping me to support this event. It's an amazing time, something many people may never truly understand.

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Re: Badger Mountain Challenge 2023

Postby Roman » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:22 am

This is the 15yr old that came through our aid station before noon, finishing 50 mile challenge in the dark!
The amount these folks push themselves is truly
amazing

https://fb.watch/jwkXHaCxQ7/

Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

Postby Roman » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:45 am

There was a runner last year that made multiple attempts to continue up hill from our station only to return, eventually DNF'ing with a serious ankle injury.

This year Nick had a chance to work with him, a eventually getting him out on his way to finish!

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:46 pm

Roman wrote:22hrs since arriving back home...
Body is destroyed, brain has crashed, already trying to make notes for next year!

Completely different conditions this year. Organizing staff committed this may have been the harshest conditions EVER!

Below freezing, high winds, SNOW!

Great work! Sorry I missed it. :?:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”