Peak Putters - Webber #2 (Canidates run) 08-17-2014

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - Webber #2 (Canidates run) 08-17-2014

Postby Yrjan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:49 am

I'll make this short and sweet (which pretty much sums up my portion of the run)... Attendance was me, Bryan, Lance, Mandi, Jerry, and "brother" Frank. All gathered at BC Conoco at about 12:45-1:00pm and we headed out to *edited*. I dove in first with the Rubicrawler in low range and began up the canyon followed by Frank, Jerry and Bryan. Mandi and Lance were deflating their tires and took up the rear. The canyon had some *edited* but it wasn't that bad until we made it about a half mile in. Thats when things got really nasty. They were so deep they were coming up over the top of my Jeep to the point I couldn't even see the terrain any more. We pushed on as far as my little engine could and began backing out. When we finialy got to a section wide enuf to turn around I heard a loud pop noise...

The end
Last edited by Yrjan on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:52 am

Many thanks to Jafo for taking time out of his Sunday afternoon to haul BONECRUSHER home for me...

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:20 am

so what's the diagnosis????

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:56 am

We managed to get my daughter moved into her apartment on Saturday so Lance and I decided a run to Weber would be good practice wheeling the XJ, still open front and back.
The first little hill climb into the canyon caused me trouble….and I thought this was going to be a long day….but I backed down and gave it another try with more momentum and made it up and over…..I caught up with the rest of the gang, all turned around and realized that my options were limited to none, so I had to back down out of the canyon….turns out that wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be…..

Lance hung back for a few minutes to make sure Michael would be ok; we regrouped and headed to A & B, Bryan took the lead…
I fell in behind Jerry but wasn’t always sure his line would work for me, he had more clearance…..I got myself stuck a few times and had to have Lance guide me out, but all in all nothing too dramatic, no cable…
Lesson of the day: being confident enough to put my tire “onâ€

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 am

[quote="Ms Mandi"]Lesson of the day: being confident enough to put my tire “onâ€

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:17 am

For reference. . .if no cable or strap was deployed, you were NOT stuck. Delayed or impeded maybe. . .but stuck requires extraction. 8)

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:09 pm

OldGreen wrote:For reference. . .if no cable or strap was deployed, you were NOT stuck. Delayed or impeded maybe. . .but stuck requires extraction. 8)

AGREED!
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Livin4Today

Re: Webber #2 (Canidates run) 08-17-2014

Postby Livin4Today » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Yrjan wrote: I dove in first with the Rubicrawler in low range and... I heard a loud pop noise...

I'll take a shot in the dark here on the diagnosis... Using the Rubicrawler exponentiates the torque applied to both axles. I'm gonna guess the wheels were turned and you were probably in reverse. Having RCVs in the front axle your weak link becomes the ring & pinion, after the front went I'm not sure how you managed to munch the rear too... But I'd guess too much skinny pedal applied and whack, whack (munch, munch)...

But hats off to you you topped my front only munch by killing both sets in one go, most probably at the same time or really close...

These are the only pics I got...
Last edited by Livin4Today on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Re: Webber #2 (Canidates run) 08-17-2014

Postby Yrjan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:23 pm

JK Lance wrote:But hats off to you you topped my front only munch by killing both sets in one go, most probably at the same time or really close...

Thank you sir

klinger

Postby klinger » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Ms Mandi we never thought you were stuck, just impeded. I was actually impressed.

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm

I've had great coaches, Thanks Lance and everyone else who encourages me every time I get behind the wheel!

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:23 pm

I think mike might of only killed the front, thats what it sounded like when loading and offloading to and from the trailer, but he will be able to confirm once inspected. :twisted:
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 am

Jafo wrote:I think mike might of only killed the front, thats what it sounded like when loading and offloading to and from the trailer, but he will be able to confirm once inspected. :twisted:

Well, then I take back my hats off if that's the case, and regroup with welcome to the front diff munchers club...
Lance

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”