Peak Putters - PUAM 2014

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Jeepscum

Peak Putters - PUAM 2014

Postby Jeepscum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Wanted to thank you guys for attending and the contributions to door prizes/raffle. Hope you guys took home some gifts as well.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:45 pm

A small group of us started up Kaener flats on Aardvark a TJ had an issue. Pic's not that good if you can lighten it up feel free to repost it. note, if the front bumper hadn't caught the tree it would have been at the bottom of the hill. I assisted with some winch duties to help onto 4 wheels.

I tried adjusting color so people can see it better.

Last edited by scumby on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Dale, was that you? :lol:
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Re: PUAM 2014

Postby TJDave » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:51 pm

Jeepscum wrote:Wanted to thank you guys for attending and the contributions to door prizes/raffle. Hope you guys took home some gifts as well.

Thank You for all the work you did for the PUAM. Every time I saw you, you were working. Did you get any wheeling in, besides Jeeping in the park?
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 pm

We left town at 6:30am Friday. Met our friends Gerald and Kelli at the Yakitat exit to caravan there, and secure our spot by the river. We arrived at Jim Sprick Park and found our spot unoccupied. Score!
The Peakputter and friends group rolled in, one after another, with plenty of room for all.
In attendance at our campsite: (forgive the name spelling butchering)
Peakputters:
Lee, Chris, and Jeeper chicks
Steve & Dolly
Curtis & Shari
Tim & Kari
Al & Stacey
Dave & Barb
Guests Gerald & Kelli

Desert Rats:
Leonard & Sherri
Ed & Karen
Pat
Guests Rick & Cheryl

Saturday, Lee, Pat, Gary Harding, Gerald, and Myself took 5 TJs up the Naches Trail. At the first hill climb section, before the rabbit holes, we came upon a slow moving group. Held up by an FJ Cruiser wedged between some trees, and an OJ Simpson sized Bronco that was trying to turn around and go back. That was the theme of the day, as the Naches Trail was a superhighway. I've never seen so many groups on that trail...both directions. It ate up a lot of time waiting, passing, and squeezing by oncoming groups. So, we ran out of time to drive down and run the west side back up.
I didn't take many pics. I didn't win a thing at the raffle, and couldn't even blame Lance for it this time!
We had a great time, and the new pellet stove patio heater worked pretty good.

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 am

Airing down at the Naches Wagon Trail

All the pics I got before the camera died. :oops:

It was a fun day of wheeling, with the exception of all the traffic on the trail and all the traffic on channel 12. We won some door prizes, but were skunked at the raffle. Oh well, it is always fun to watch Dolly win. :lol: We generated more garbage than we picked up, but it all went into the collective dumpster. With all the rigs on the trail, it was cleaned up pretty good.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 am

That grill/wood stove thingy is kinda sweet

Jeepscum

Re: PUAM 2014

Postby Jeepscum » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:29 am

TJDave wrote:
Jeepscum wrote:Wanted to thank you guys for attending and the contributions to door prizes/raffle. Hope you guys took home some gifts as well.

Thank You for all the work you did for the PUAM. Every time I saw you, you were working. Did you get any wheeling in, besides Jeeping in the park?

Didn't get to wheel but that's fine I have a lot of fun at this event. I'm going to Mose Lake this week to play in the sand.

tobyw

Postby tobyw » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 am

iaccocca wrote:We generated more garbage than we picked up

If I'm reading this right, it's a very positive indicator that people are actually taking their own trash with them?
Yep, I've wheeled one of those, too...

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:41 am

tobyw wrote:
iaccocca wrote:We generated more garbage than we picked up

If I'm reading this right, it's a very positive indicator that people are actually taking their own trash with them?

Yes, I think so Toby. But, we were following groups that may have picked up trash before we rolled through. My feel is that the trash is mostly on the fire roads easily accessed by non-wheelers- aka teenage partiers.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”