Peak Putters - A&B 11/01/2014

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Peak Putters - A&B 11/01/2014

Postby scumby » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:23 pm

I'll help you get started.

Report goes here.

:P
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Start it out with something like this....

I bit down on the butt of my cigarette as a cool breeze blew across my face. Through a squinted glaze, I took a deep drag and turned to scrutinize the willing participants. Suddenly, like thunder bouncing off the canyon walls, my postulation was shattered as all heard, "MICHAEL... LETS GO!"
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:04 pm

SPR wrote:Start it out with something like this....

I bit down on the butt of my cigarette as a cool breeze blew across my face. Through a squinted glaze, I took a deep drag and turned to scrutinize the willing participants. Suddenly, like thunder bouncing off the canyon walls, my postulation was shattered as all heard, "MICHAEL... LETS GO!"

Now that's Frappin' AWESOME Steve (Mandi says it's the best laugh she's had all day)!!!! Uh Yrjan, you have been called to action here, so get her done!
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Red Dawn

Postby Red Dawn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Red Dawn

Postby Red Dawn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Red Dawn

Postby Red Dawn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Nice job Brett
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Ok here goes...

Participants were me, Iulia, Lance, Bryan and Bret. We met at BC Conoco at a little after 12pm. I had to take Badger Canyon out as I can't take BONECRUSHER on the freeway. After some chit chat we headed out and began airing down. After a short drivers meeting were we discussed the need to bring first aid kits we started out. Bryan led the way, followed by Iulia with lance in the middle, then Bret followed by me in the rear. Iulia bypassed the first canyon but met us up top. Bret did great with no lockers and little experience, not having to be winched or tugged at all. Pretty impressive actually. After meeting up with iulia and Christy at the top of the first canyon it was off to the next. This one I was sure iulia was going to bypass as well but after some gentle coaxing she decided to head in. Everyone did great with little to no carnage and I was really proud of how iulia handled herself. Everyone had fun and I'm glad the run happened. Afterwards all of us headed out to meet up with the rest of the club at Juniper for 3-ball.

Video loading now. Should be ready for viewing shortly. (On computer only because of copyright infringement)

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:10 pm

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/4w00ZvCB6Nw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/4w00ZvCB6Nw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

benw

Postby benw » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Yrjan wrote: I had to take Badger Canyon out as I can't take BONECRUSHER on the freeway.

I'm curious, why can't you take bonecrusher on the freeway?

Nice video, I enjoyed it. :thu:

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:58 pm

benw wrote:
Yrjan wrote: I had to take Badger Canyon out as I can't take BONECRUSHER on the freeway.

No sway bar, no steering stabalizer and DIY beadlocks make for a dangerous drive above 45MPH

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:59 am

For the record, moving rocks to make the line easier is cheating. :foufou
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

bobracing

Postby bobracing » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 am

Yrjan wrote:
benw wrote:

No sway bar, no steering stabalizer and DIY beadlocks make for a dangerous drive above 45MPH

Dump some air soft pellets in the tires, works great at balancing out the tires.
James
'92 YJ with a little something of everything.

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:17 am

I was able to get the tires semi balanced at work. I really need to look at my steering gear. Something just ain't right. Shakes violently like broken track bar bracket above 40mph when hit a bump just right.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Wrench wrote:For the record, moving rocks to make the line easier is cheating. :foufou

OR you could say it is treading lightly. i think airing down could have helped as well or maybe even engaging the lockers.

Red Dawn

Postby Red Dawn » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:32 pm

I know it was kind of cheating. But I was just glad to get over it. I was aired down to 8 lbs and I have no lockers yet. I'm hoping to get some for Christmas.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Looks like good times!! Stacking is better than digging holes. . .just make sure to unstack when you are done!

Lots of spots there that have almost too much break-over for the buses.

Jafo

Postby Jafo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Yrjan wrote:I was able to get the tires semi balanced at work. I really need to look at my steering gear. Something just ain't right. Shakes violently like broken track bar bracket above 40mph when hit a bump just right.

Thats called "death wobble" your geometry is off I imagine, also no steering dampner is not helping matters at all. Think about everything you have removed and you expect it to drive like a limo? Good luck, replace parts, through airsoft bb's in or equal. Then go have fun.
2018 JLU-R work in progress.

WRWP360

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm

It is also quite likely that there is a smoked bushing or TRE or two somewhere. Chuck drives like a limo. . .no reason for a Prevost not to.

Could be as simple as a loose track bar bolt.

White trash

Postby White trash » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:57 pm

OldGreen wrote:It is also quite likely that there is a smoked bushing or TRE or two somewhere. Chuck drives like a limo. . .no reason for a Prevost not to.

Or as simple as 80 lbs of extra steel boogered to each wheel and uncentered tires on the aforementioned wheels. Naaaaaah, that couldn't be it. :lol: A properly set up rig doesn't need a steering stabilizer at all. Find the bad bushing, loose bolt etc then center the tires on the wheels and shove some steel bb's and a splash of antifreeze in there to keep them from rusting and enjoy the drive again.

Rottwheeler

Postby Rottwheeler » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm

OldGreen wrote:It is also quite likely that there is a smoked bushing or TRE or two somewhere. Chuck drives like a limo. . .no reason for a Prevost not to.

I just replaced a split bushing on my JKS track bar and used a metric bolt to get a tighter fit on the axle end to solve my recent wobble issue. 70 mph with one finger on the wheel again! :P
Rottwheeler
White 13' JKU Rubicon, 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex suspension, 3:73s, 35" Nittos on American Racing ATX black faux bead locks... for now.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:09 pm

It was a metric bolt from the

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:10 pm

White trash wrote:

Or as simple as 80 lbs of extra steel boogered to each wheel and uncentered tires on the aforementioned wheels. Naaaaaah, that couldn't be it. :lol: A properly set up rig doesn't need a steering stabilizer at all. Find the bad bushing, loose bolt etc then center the tires on the wheels and shove some steel bb's and a splash of antifreeze in there to keep them from rusting and enjoy the drive again.

Forgot about that. The wobble is forever.

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 pm

i have beadlocks, no steering stabilizer and no front sway bar AND no death wobble but everything in my front axle has less than 1000 miles on it.

bottom line, i concur something is loose or broken.

on the other hand if you doubt your wheels dismount the tires and run them on a balancer without tires. see if you can balance them with weights, if so remove them then weld on some permanent steel weights to take the place of the lead ones inside the wheel, should work, right? works on driveshafts.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:28 pm

That is actually a great idea.

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”