FYBR NOV 2014

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Livin4Today

FYBR NOV 2014

Postby Livin4Today » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 pm

FYBR NOV 2014

Believe it or not (Scumby) we were rolled out of town right at 10:00 am, jumping on I-82 to catch a wicked side wind all the way to Prosser, slowing our roll to about 65 mph. In Prosser, we met Cim & Jaime (Toyman2), and headed for Yakima as the rain began, thankfully the winds calmed way down. We decided to keep a 65 mph pace and rolled into Yakima for a refueling stop right about the time some wiseacre was posting nonsense...

After fueling up, we were again under way and rolled up to our favorite turn-out to park in just below the lodge right at 1:30 pm. We off loaded Cim's and my Jeep and all 3 rigs made a quick trip up to the lodge, to find the gate open but no sign of Dale, Derek, or Ron. We guessed they got held up or were scouting the trail.

So we decided to Scout Raven's Roost ourselves...

Cim & Jaime, Mandi, and I drove our rigs up the power line trail to about the highest meadow or jump out before the hog back and took the road up from there the rest of the way to the tower. Mainly because the rain had turned to a heavy snow and some strange ratcheting like sounds coming from Xaria (Mandi's XJ).

It seems that new clutch we bought couldn't have waited to be installed, as it gave up its guts and the ratcheting we believe to be transfer case skipping, but even through that Mandi made the peak in Xaria, but she was pissed off (Xaria, well I guess they both were), because part way down in the dark the clutch said no more, and the starter wasn't playing anymore either, so we had to bump start her in the snow. After a couple of bad attempts to stop and swap drivers it was decided that Cim would pilot Xaria down and back to camp as clutch less shifting became the name of the game, while Jaime and I followed. Cim successfully got it back to camp and we put her on the trailer and decided to cook some dinner and again check on Dale.

During our feast on Chicken Enchiladas, a couple of rigs stopped and we heard a knock, it's Dale, Derek & GF, and Ron & son just arriving... They headed up to the lodge, and we swung up after dinner to see how they were set up, it was still pouring rain. After a quick visit we headed back down to our turn-out. On the ice on our way down Cim hit a stump and puked a u-joint cap and I heard something banging. Having killed Mandi's rig we decided we ought to give ours a good once over, which led to a late ride down canyon to get a signal to Cim's friend Kevin to pick up a u joint on his way up in the morning...

Saturday morning, the plan was to roll by 9:00, which just happened to be the same time everybody showed up... So we told Dale and his crew to go ahead, that we'd catch up after we got a cap clipped in. That turned into a front left corner tear down and rebuild in 20 degrees. 90 mins later we were rolling, me, Mandi, & Syler in our JKU, Cim & Jaime in his TJ, and Kevin & Jenn in a well built Toyota 4 Runner (a friend of Chrispy's). We ran right up to the start of the Powerline Trail, expecting to find the others as the snow got deeper and slicker with last nights rain frozen underfoot. We ran the trail nearly to the top having many mishaps on the ice. At one point I couldn't get past some icy spot so we used my rear wench to pendulum my nose back downhill, but not until I slid into the tree so hard I nearly buried Julia in the snow that used to be on the tree all with my window open. We eventually peaked Raven's Roost and decided to head back and have an early dinner as Kevin & Jenn were driving back to the Tri-Cities. Then at the bottom end of the hog back, Cim got a wild hair to run back up the hog back, so much for an early dinner, it took us about two more hours to get up and we had to bailout 2 corners before the top as it was too steep and icy. So we headed back to camp, arriving just after 7:00 pm, and I ran up to check on Dale & crew to find the gate closed, the artic blast was upon us and everything near the gate was a sheet of ice.

Thinking back to how cold the previous night was, I guessed they must have made an early retreat, as their firewood supplies were minimal. Oddly we never crossed paths or heard them on the radio, so I went back down, we said our goodbyes to Kevin & Jenn and grabbed some dinner and called it an earlier night. Sunday morning we were up, Cim was first out and we were 30 mins behind him getting home around 2:30 pm, after dropping Xaria off at BryansFab...

We had a great time, snow was plentiful but it was really cold!

Ms Mandi will be sharing pictures shortly...
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:43 pm

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:47 am

nice write up and good pics. glad to hear you departed on time from the tricities. is this going to become a habit?

so the mandiwagon needs a clutch and transfer case chain, is that what i'm reading?
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

SPR
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby SPR » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 am

Ditto on the nice write-up
I don't Text (at least not very well), I eat Blackberrys, and I only Twitter after sex...

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:16 am

scumby wrote:so the mandiwagon needs a clutch and transfer case chain, is that what i'm reading?

Why Yes, Dr. Scumby, you are correct....and luckily we already have the new clutch purchased.....

we need tires too......I am grateful for the deal I got on Lee's old tires, but they are not much good in the snow.....

:D

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:21 am

Really nice pictures Mandi. 8)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Dale, please fill us in on the fun & trials you guys had, and of course any pics, please...
Lance

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 7" RK lift, 40s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Fox Coilovers, etc. http://www.Livin4Today.com

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Yep, it was a fun trip. Also my rear ARB wasn't to happy with me. It was super cold sat night and I was tired. My beer would freeze just sitting outside before I could drink it.

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Somehow Syler the Jeep Dog strained his tail on this trip. On Sunday morning he let out a serious yelp of pain when jumping on our bed in the RV, His tail drooped and it was obviously very painful for him to move it or sit.
$400 later, he has been diagnosed with "cold tail" after sedation and X-rays.....and sent home with doggy pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. :(

anyone ever heard of this?

scumby
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby scumby » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:18 am

Ms Mandi wrote:Somehow Syler the Jeep Dog strained his tail on this trip. On Sunday morning he let out a serious yelp of pain when jumping on our bed in the RV, His tail drooped and it was obviously very painful for him to move it or sit.
$400 later, he has been diagnosed with "cold tail" after sedation and X-rays.....and sent home with doggy pain relievers and anti-inflammatories. :(

never heard of it, does it have to do with the cold temps?
Lightly Lifted and Locked LJ

I'm Scumby Dammit, take it or leave it!

Mandi

Postby Mandi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:02 am

scumby wrote:
Ms Mandi wrote:Somehow Syler the Jeep Dog strained his tail on this trip. On Sunday morning he let out a serious yelp of pain when jumping on our bed in the RV, His tail drooped and it was obviously very painful for him to move it or sit.

never heard of it, does it have to do with the cold temps?

Also can be called "swimmers tail" it is most commonly diagnosed in labs that train hard for hunting.

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:21 am

That is why my dogs don't have tails. :lol:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:57 pm

And the wideo...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSTFtUN0yps[/youtube]
Lance

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:36 am

Nice Lance. :thu: I can see that took a lot of work.

Did everyone make the 'sledding hill'? That would be the 1st part of your vid with live action.
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Yrjan
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Yrjan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:44 am

That video was great Lance! Good job!

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:54 am

iaccocca wrote:Nice Lance. :thu: I can see that took a lot of work.

Did everyone make the 'sledding hill'? That would be the 1st part of your vid with live action.

That would be a Negative Ghost Rider, Cim & I tried but living up to it's name we'd simply sled back down. Found a couple of other sledding areas too.
Last edited by Livin4Today on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lance

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:13 am

Now you gottsa go back! You cannot be owned by that hill. :D
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:29 am

iaccocca wrote:Now you gottsa go back! You cannot be owned by that hill. :D

Actually I think it was payback for us owning it the night before...
Lance

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:38 am

8) Awesomesauce. Excellent vid. Wish we coulda....
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

toyman2

Postby toyman2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:30 pm

We made it Friday night, sat was nothing but a sheet of ice. Kevin made it but I wasn't willing to hit it with that much momentum

Livin4Today

Postby Livin4Today » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:06 am

toyman2 wrote:We made it Friday night, sat was nothing but a sheet of ice. Kevin made it but I wasn't willing to hit it with that much momentum

Not to mention he was doubled down also...
Lance

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”