Tim's Bachelor Party

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Tim's Bachelor Party

Postby iaccocca » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:54 am

I do not have all the details, but I will post up here to get the run report started.

Some arrived Thursday to secure space at the Sno-Park. We ended up taking most of it.
Friday night we camped, fending for our own dinner-wise. Saturday night was a different story.

Saturday morning we left in 3-groups with some breakage and repair in at least two of those groups. All recorded record times to the top of Darland Mountain. We were lucky/happy to find snow a bit lower than maybe this year had promised. The snow was fun and forgiving.
Many of us had lunch at Blue Lake. For a couple of us it was the first time there.
The group I was in split, some taking the long way 'home' to camp, some of us returning to take a rest. A group headed back out for some wheeling and firewood gathering. A couple of peeps just went out for firewood. In the end, there was a lot of firewood. :-)
Many recorded record miles of 4-wheelin'.
The food Saturday night was easily one of the best spreads the Peak Putters have ever put on. All gained weight... sorry ladies. Party games around the campfire... thank you Chrispy and Nicole. Big ole fire, which was good because it got chilly.
Some left Saturday night. Most rolled out early Sunday morning (after a few more repairs.)
Carnage = a few beads put back on and a couple under hood repairs.
I'll get pics put up later, please others start-a-posting...
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:09 pm

And unfortunately, for the Bachelor Boy, Tim got stuck a lot. He was winched out untold number of times. I do not know if anyone got pictures. :twisted:
Okay, we're a little crazy to have a Duramax for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius.
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Lurch
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Lurch » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Hey just cause you couldn't make the climb to the small bowl, gives you no excuse to lie :roll:
You can follow me.... but it's gonna hurt ;)

iaccocca
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby iaccocca » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

:lol2
N7EEL WROD249
8-) Image 8-)

Wrench
Peak Putters Member
Peak Putters Member

Postby Wrench » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:06 pm

We were a little short on drivers for vehicles that were desired to be at camp, so I enlisted my friend Charles to help with the vehicle situation.

Charles and I left from my place Friday afternoon. I drove my YJ and he drove Steve Hooper's YJ. We arrived at camp about 6pm, chatted around the fire for a while, then rested in preparation for Saturday.

Saturday morning included lots of good coffee and prep for the trail. I joined Toby, Scott, and Jim for an early jaunt up the mountain, hoping to meet the other half of the group at Tree Phones. We went up Sedge Ridge, but were denied once we hit some steep hills with huge ruts in the snow (more like solid ice).

First stop, waiting for Scott to fix his axle that would not connect. Yes, they are on their phones... :roll:

We turned around and headed back to camp to catch the rest of the group, heading up past Tree Phones and toward Darland Mountain. We crested the mountain in record time, and headed back down the other side toward Blue Lake.

That right there is about as 'Merican as you can get:

The views were epic. I would share a few video clips if I can figure out how to post them.

After Blue Lake, we headed down the North Fork back to camp. That didnt last long, though, once everyone was back to camp we headed back up the mountain. We stopped for a short bit at the lookout point, then headed back up and crested Darland once again in what I would consider to be a blistering pace.

Back at camp, the food was most excellent, as was the fire.

Great weekend, hope everyone else enjoyed it!

If anyone found a set of car keys up there, please let me know.

:?
Last edited by Wrench on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
'84 XJ, '19JL

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:43 pm

A great time for a great cause. I could not be happier for Tim and Keri.

We left on Friday afternoon. I brought my Son in law Garth with me, who was recently transplanted from a life only in Alaska. He wondered where the mountains of Washington were that he kept hearing about.

When we arrived, the snow park was pretty full. I parked next to Chrispy and Nichole's trailer to see where to camp....right where I stopped was it.

Saturday over Darland with the main group was the plan. I have some cell phone pics....as usual.

The spot...good enough, BBQ and frosty cold beverages.

First group heading out Saturday morning

On our way up

Snow to be had just after Tree Phones....I think

First stuck of the day,.... due to 20+psi

Native Alaskan's first time in Washington snow!

The Prez

Lud

Don

cont..
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:55 pm

We ran across some sort of road block...

Perfect opportunity for glamour shots.

Lunch at Blue Lake

cont....
2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

TJDave
Peak Putters VP
Peak Putters VP

Postby TJDave » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Almost to the bottom...A fork in the road is where the group split.

:lol:

Back at camp, something was cooking on Don's trailer

Bacon wrapped......everything! YUM

Great weekend and great weather... A pic I stole from Chad's FB page

2018 JLU Rubicon
Tow bar mount
Trailer hitch

GRADESCHOOL

Postby GRADESCHOOL » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:40 pm

I havent been on the board in a long time, little lone a wheeling trip. The yj surprised me, it wasnt the old cherokee but i can live with it. I had a few minor problems but it was semi expected being my first run. The vacuum actuator for the front axle wouldnt engage and that was a simple fix. Other than that the inlet to my muffler was rusted out so the muffler and tail pipe fell off. Great run with great people, looking forward to going on many more, now that i have the itch again. I will upload some pictures when i get on the computer.

OldGreen

Postby OldGreen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Here is my little rundown.

I showed up at camp in my new whip around supper time on Friday. Set up the tent on Lud's trailer deck, cooked some steaks on the grill, hobnobbed with old and new friends and crashed. FROZE MY BUTT OFF. Still managed to get a decent night's sleep.

7:50AM: 5 rigs left for the pre-wheelin' trip up Sedge Ridge. Wrench, toby, BoyScout, Gradeschool and me. Sedge was all kindsafun until we got to the ultimate toboggan run and were stopped cold. We did make a pretty sweet log bridge and wheeled our asses off in the snow/slush/etc to get that far, but we end up doing the whole thing in reverse. That screwed up our plans to catch the rest of the group on the middle fork. Back down to camp we went. . .quick bio break and back to the "wheelin' trip" part of the adventure.

After we cleared camp, we headed up the middle for at a high rate of speed to have lunch on the summit on a beautiful day.

Then on to Blue Lake

Then we rolled back in to camp without catching the rest of the group. . .DANGIT. . .so we gathered up the groom and a few others and headed back to Eagle's Nest and the Summit for some more FUN:

After that we hauled tail back to camp for supper. . .and MAN what a spread. Food for everyone as long as you liked delicious meat.

Sadly, I am a giant puss and elected to roll out of camp for a shower and a fluffy pillow before the party really got rolling, but I am sure that it was fantastic!

I stand by the thought that we should have an annual bachelor party. [/quote]

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”