FYBR 2016

Area for club members and candidates to post pics and reports of new PP Club called runs and events.
Roman
Peak Putters President
Peak Putters President

FYBR 2016

Postby Roman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Roll call:
Roman (and family)
Greg (and a small female child)
Ed

While we didn't show up AS LATE as usual, it WAS dark already, and we missed Greg and said small child by 15 minutes. To my surprise there were quite a few people up there. Turned out to be archery season... and Christmas tree season as well (we limited out!)
After finding a decent camp site and getting the house on wheels leveled up we proceeded to get the fire "lit". For some reason, after that Friday night was a blur.

Greg showed up about 8 a.m., with Ed following some time after. We waited for stragglers just in case, but it was a 3 Jeep show. Ed informed us about battalions of SxS's down below that looked to be heading up all trails across the way, so we headed up towards Raven's Roost.
The Powerline trail started with great promise, only to leave Greg and I floundering at the bottom of every hill like a couple of young pups. The snow seemed to be good, but would turn into ice just AFTER Ed ran over it with his fresh, new 37" IROKs. I was left with a pretty serious case of tire envy!

Since we were the only ones to camp, we took our time Sunday. A few hikes, some bicycling, a lot of pics, sledding and Christmas tree shopping all took place. And after a leasurly drive home we unpacked and parked the MH in record time.

Now to fix a few weak spots and winterize the MH and we will be ready for next year!

Return to “Recent Run Reports - Peak Putter Club Runs”